Is my forehead big ?

2 hours ago, moriel5 said:

I don't mean to offend, however I can say that I had a lot of respect for you.

She was asking our opinion about her forehead, sure we can look at the numbers but without actually seeing what it looks like, it's anyone's guess, plus the title of the thread is "Is my forehead big?" who wouldn't expect a photo?

All it took for you to "loose respect for me" was for me "Expecting to see a picture of a forehead" in a thread called "Is my forehead big?"  .. come on now lol

• Like 2

@warwagon I’m a girl by the way . And sorry if u expected a picture but for starters I’m not rly confident about putting my forehead online if I rly don’t like it myslef . But sorry for any confusion 

24 minutes ago, warwagon said:

He was asking our opinion about his forehead, sure we can look at the numbers but without actually seeing what it looks like, it's anyone's guess, plus the title of the thread is "Is my forehead big?" who wouldn't expect a photo?

All it took for you to "loose respect for me" was for me "Expecting to see a picture of a forehead" in a thread called "Is my forehead big?"  .. come on now lol

I never lost respect for you, I just was disappointed to see that post in this specific context, given that while what you had said makes sense, generally when someone posts something in this way, it is because of an insecurity, and I personally think that in such a situation, we should be constructive.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Samantharob said:

@warwagon I’m a girl by the way . And sorry if u expected a picture but for starters I’m not rly confident about putting my forehead online if I rly don’t like it myslef . But sorry for any confusion 

Oh ya, the first part of your name is samantha ... Now I see it!

In my experience, no matter what I look like or do my mother still loves me, I am sure that's still the same for you. Cheap and fake people might see a big forehead but people who are worth your time are going to be concentrating on your beautiful qualities, not some detail that might not fit on a cover of Vogue mag (and maybe it does tbh!).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Samantharob said:

no offense, but why are you asking here then? This is primarily a technology oriented forum; we're not professionals so a visual is useful for us to provide any kind of real opinion.

based on just the wording provided I wouldn't feel comfortable telling someone yes or no to getting surgery

If you're that worried about then I would recommend you seek a professional opinion from a Doctor or Dermatologist. I think that would give you better piece of mind than asking here :)

12 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

no offense, but why are you asking here then? This is primarily a technology oriented forum; we're not professionals so a visual is useful for us to provide any kind of real opinion.

based on just the wording provided I wouldn't feel comfortable telling someone yes or no to getting surgery

If you're that worried about then I would recommend you seek a professional opinion from a Doctor or Dermatologist. I think that would give you better piece of mind than asking here :)

What is the problem with that?

This specific board is meant for off-topic discussion.

And no need to hurry into arbitrarily deciding something as drastic as surgery.

As for getting a professional opinion, I agree, but only if needed after speaking with responsible people who have both life experience, and a close connection to the person (preferably family, but whatever is best for the person).

6 minutes ago, moriel5 said:

What is the problem with that?

This specific board is meant for off-topic discussion.

And no need to hurry into arbitrarily deciding something as drastic as surgery.

As for getting a professional opinion, I agree, but only if needed after speaking with responsible people who have both life experience, and a close connection to the person (preferably family, but whatever is best for the person).

I didn't say OP couldn't ask here but who joins a tech site to ask about their forehead; it just seems odd is all. It's like waking into a BestBuy and asking this; they can give opinions but can't really help with the main issue. At least that way though they would get a visual and have something to base their opinion on.

just saying "my forehead is x long/wide" doesn't give much for anyone to really base an opinion on; especially if they're not a medical professional. some people just have bigger foreheads but as long as it looks natural then what's the big deal (IMO). Jim also made a good point; bangs are always an option to cover your forehead as well.

and it was OP that mentioned surgery on page 1 that is the only reason I brought it up.

On 6/15/2019 at 10:39 AM, Samantharob said:

Should I get hairline surgery ? 

33 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

I didn't say OP couldn't ask here but who joins a tech site to ask about their forehead; it just seems odd is all. It's like waking into a BestBuy and asking this; they can give opinions but can't really help with the main issue. At least that way though they would get a visual and have something to base their opinion on.

just saying "my forehead is x long/wide" doesn't give much for anyone to really base an opinion on; especially if they're not a medical professional. some people just have bigger foreheads but as long as it looks natural then what's the big deal (IMO). Jim also made a good point; bangs are always an option to cover your forehead as well.

and it was OP that mentioned surgery on page 1 that is the only reason I brought it up.

True, what you are saying is logical, however we don't know whether the OP is into technology or not, and whether she hasn't been reading Neowin since before (I've been reading on Neowin, including the forums, since a few years before joining).

Additionally, this was less about the forehead or the surgery, and more about the insecurity, so all those together, I personally think that it is best to give the benefit of doubt, and just try helping as we would a friend.

6 minutes ago, moriel5 said:

True, what you are saying is logical, however we don't know whether the OP is into technology or not, and whether she hasn't been reading Neowin since before (I've been reading on Neowin, including the forums, since a few years before joining).

Additionally, this was less about the forehead or the surgery, and more about the insecurity, so all those together, I personally think that it is best to give the benefit of doubt, and just try helping as we would a friend.

oh I don't disagree with you; I was more worried about the general backlash from an above member simply asking for a photo to base his opinion on.

but we're taking this a little off topic now so I'll let things get back to it.

@OP I think the bangs idea is a good one. do you have bangs currently or hair long enough to do bangs? A good hair stylist in your area could help you set that up to look good :)

2 hours ago, Samantharob said:

I'd avoid posting pictures.

6.5cm from my hairline to my eyebrows

If this is your metric, then why not just have your hair longer?

3 hours ago, Samantharob said:

@Jazmac what’s that mean lol ?

That was an old school expression from back in the day.  Your head has gone on ahead. IOW, your forehead gets there before the rest of your head does.  Thus, a go-ahead forehead.

5 hours ago, Samantharob said:

@moriel5 yes I understand that some people may be mean or sarcastic , u have put it in much nicer terms and u seem like a nice person . I agree that the size of ones forehead doesn’t matter it’s more of an insecurity I have myself. I don’t know if when I’m older I should get  forehead reduction x 

is that really a thing?   forehead reduction?

and maybe just a pic from your eyebrows to your hairline, with a coffee cup or something everyone knows that's about the same size?

22 minutes ago, Buttus said:

is that really a thing?   forehead reduction?

and maybe just a pic from your eyebrows to your hairline, with a coffee cup or something everyone knows that's about the same size?

Plastic surgery exists, so this may be that or something similar.

And I think we should respect the OPs privacy, and not try to push her.

34 minutes ago, moriel5 said:

Plastic surgery exists, so this may be that or something similar.

And I think we should respect the OPs privacy, and not try to push her.

yea, i'm all for privacy, that why i was saying just from the eyebrows to the hairline.   it would still be hard to tell without the whole face to compare, but it would give an idea

On 6/10/2019 at 7:19 PM, Samantharob said:

Is my forehead big it’s roughly 6.5cm from my hairline to my eyebrows and my whole face is 17 cm long ?

is this big or ...

How can we possibly tell from that?  Everything is proportional to everything else, so really, we need a picture to be able to tell if you have a Vegeta forehead or not. :p

10 posts on a tech forum, all about a forehead? What an amazing time we live in !

If the worst comes to the worst, at least you can get a job on Masterchef

mastercheftrauma1.jpg

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

18 hours ago, Samantharob said:

@Ms Twit Who dunno whether that was a compliment or not lol . Lots of people say I’m pretty but I had one comment from someone who was being rude about my forehead and it has stuck with me ever since 

16 hours ago, Samantharob said:

@adrynalyne yes I suppose so ! I’m not really happy tho it’s always thinking about it 

You lack confidence or have other issues you need to work out if you are not happy and are fixated on what one person told you compared to the opposite of many.  I would recommend seeing a therapist to work out your issues.

@FloatingFatMan it’s more when my hair is up in I tight ponytail 

Well, I'm sure it's just fine but without a pic, there's no way for us to tell.  TBH though, why worry about it?  Most decent guys (or girls even) will like you for who you are, not how small or large your forehead is, and purely IMO, trying to fix something through surgical means is a big and expensive mistake. To be fair though, I dislike any forms of cosmetic surgery.  Beauty is best appreciated as nature intended and everyone is beautiful in their own way.

@FloatingFatMan it’s more when my hair is up in I tight ponytail 

Okay, look... I'm a guy born with a Vegeta hairline. Sucks, but when my hair was long, nobody could tell... in fact, often got nicknamed "Kurt Cobain" in high school.

That being said for you, I would avoid getting hairline surgery and try adjusting your hairstyle to compensate. Pony tails probably gotta go unless you're doing activities where you don't care about it.  Otherwise, maybe a shorter haircut so that you don't have to put it up all the time.  I know a girl who works in the pharmacy who has a head like IT (the clown, not information technology :laugh: ), but only because of how she keeps up with her hair at work.

Hairline surgery is going to cost you money and I've had a family member do it back like 10 years ago and while it works, it wasn't long term, caused him lots of pain, and so on. I don't know if the methods have improved over the years, but something to think about when changing your hairstyle alone can make an immediate difference.

That being said, love yourself and take confidence in your appearance, even with your insecurities. I often joke to my friends about my "5-head" whenever they get insecure about taking pictures; always gets a laugh and them feeling more comfortable. Cheers!