• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

FS-1135MFP Help?

LilSnoop40    6
Posted (edited)

hello, i am trying to setup scanning from this printer to my outlook.com email account.  i keep getting error 3101 right off the bat, when i'm in the command center, scanner, e-mail, Click here to set up SMTP server,  and i click test under "SMTP Protocol Settings" it says ok.  any idea what i could be doing wrong?

Thank you

Edited by LilSnoop40

+jnelsoninjax    11,520
34 minutes ago, LilSnoop40 said:

hello, i am trying to setup scanning from this printer to my outlook.com email account.  i keep getting error 3101 right off the bat, when i'm in the command center, scanner, e-mail, Click here to set up SMTP server,  and i click test under "SMTP Protocol Settings" it says ok.  any idea what i could be doing wrong?

Thank you

Maybe an obvious one, but have you checked the drivers and windows are up to date?

LilSnoop40    6

yeah, i have the latest drivers.  its a network printer plugged into the router, windows 10 installed the printer and prints with no issues.  if i use the software to scan it works and scans to a folder but i like it to scan and go to my inbox... not sure why i can't figure it out?

Daniel F.    561

3101 means its unable to connect using pot 25 - assuming your server,user,pass details are correct ;) 

check your software/hardware firewall for blocked ports.

check any antivirus software

check for any virus/trojan using.blocking port 25

LilSnoop40    6

ok, i will look into this.  thank you sir

+DevTech    1,510
1 hour ago, Daniel F. said:

check for any virus/trojan using.blocking port 25

58 minutes ago, LilSnoop40 said:

ok, i will look into this

A large number of Internet Providers block Port 25 and there is NO FIX for that. They won't budge on it. SPAM protection.

Of course it makes no sense since they could track usage and just block their users that actually abuse it, but I've seen a blanket policy on that at large providers.

LilSnoop40    6

any chance they have another port i could use that might work?

+DevTech    1,510
1 minute ago, LilSnoop40 said:

any chance they have another port i could use that might work?

If your ISP is doing that then they will permit SMTP access only to their own server domains and only via their documented port, these days usually using a security protocol. Check with your ISP's website for docs on that.

LilSnoop40    6

ok, i will give this a go when i get home from work.

Thank you

farmeunit    653

Some of the older Kyoceras only worked on port 25, even though you could technically change the port.  Not sure at what point that got fixed.  We use Google which uses 587 or 465.  Another option is set up an internal relay, which is what we use.  It uses port 25 to you INTERNAL relay, then 587 or 465 to your SMTP server.  We are using IIS because we already have IIS set up for other things, so it was just easier.  There are several ways.  If you want more info, let us know.

LilSnoop40    6

thanks great to know. i might need your help when i get home, maybe i can provide you will the screen i am looking at if that would help with getting it setup.

Thank you

LilSnoop40    6

ok, i was able to get the machine to scan directly to my email.  how to do with you have to put the email address in the sender part in the command center and that worked.

now i have an issue with the fax machine.  the machine won't receive or send faxes, i have tried all kinds of things but no luck.  the company i am trying to set this up in has one of those phone lines that does both calls and faxes.  it somehow knows when a fax is coming in.  he currently has a fax machine setup a brother, the fax line is plugged into the line on the back and works fine.  when the fax comes through the phone rings then the fax comes through.  i removed the fax line from the brother and plugged it into the Kyocera into the line.. when i do this i hear nothing when a fax it trying to come in.  if i take the fax line out and put in the phone slot i see on the kyocera flashing memory and processing but nothing happens.  i spent 2 hours on this but couldn't get it to receive a fax.  i can post photos of what the command center settings look like hoping someone can help.

Thank you