When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Here’s how it works.

Xbox Game Pass is unlikely to come to the Nintendo Switch anytime soon

Back in February, there was a rumor that Microsoft might be bringing Xbox Game Pass to the Nintendo Switch. As it turns out, that's probably not the case, at least in the short term.

In an interview at E3 this week, Xbox head Phil Spencer confirmed that it's just not a priority right now. Spencer said, "That platform is different enough from an Xbox platform that it's not trivial for us to just say those games will run there."

He did say that he wants Xbox Game Pass to be everywhere, adding, "I saw somebody joke I’d put Game Pass on a toaster if I could." Spencer didn't confirm that it's not coming, only that it's not a priority right now.

He said that the larger priority is bringing game streaming to Android, since it's hardware ecosystem is so diverse and it presents the biggest challenge. He said it's a "natural first move" and "frankly will take us quite a while to work through that".

Spencer did spend a bit of time praising the Nintendo Switch, and he did mention the use case of being able to sit at home with the best gaming experience, and then taking it on the go with a Switch. It's just not happening right now.

Report a problem with article
Next Article

The PlayStation Network is experiencing issues, with gamers unable to log in

Previous Article

Microsoft adds Dynamic Arrays to Excel to make formulas more capable