Most reliable boot timer.

I've been using Wise 365 boot timer to monitor my boot times but it seems wildly sporadic. Does anyone have an example of a consistand and reliable boot timer Windows 10 x64 Pro?

I will look into that. So far Wise 356 reports my lowest boot time is 39 sec I then tried Boot Racer for a few days and it reported my lowest as 59 sec. I think it's because boor racer is waiting for delayed services as well. I don't know. What would be a range of acceptable boot times. I can give my specs of needed.

devnullore, how often to you reboot that the time is important? I reboot my desktops only when Windows updates require it so lets say its once a month.  Lets assume your long time of 59 seconds.  That's 12 minutes a year.  If you got your startup time down to 40 seconds that's 8 minutes a year. Surely those 4 minutes saved in the 525,600 minutes in a year are insignificant. 

Just for kicks I did a crude measurement on the two systems I have here at arms reach. I get to a usable desktop on this old system (Win 10, i7-2600K with 16Gb ram) booting from a older Samsung 850 EVO in 33 seconds. 16 of those are just the firmware POST.  Like I said, that system only gets rebooted when Windows needs to restart.  Now, for my year old Matebook Pro X, I shut it down when I close the lid so that system gets started from scratch every time I use it. There, I get to a usable desktop in 19 seconds. 

As for a range of 'acceptable' boot times, well, that's something only you can answer. No one will have the exact same hardware and software as you do so results will always vary. Also whats acceptable to me may not be to you. Is that 39 second value acceptable for your usage?  If you only reboot a dozen times a year, I'd think that's acceptable.  If you reboot a dozen times a day, it may not be (although I'd question why you need to reboot a dozen times a day before worrying about the startup time).

You may need to post your specs and all the software you have running at startup for further review.  

• Like 1

Just experimenting. I was thinking of posting my startup list and services that are running automatic to see what I can change to delayed. Would that be acceptable? I don't want to make this thread any longer than it has to be.

You mean Soluto? Yeah that died off few years ago.  It use to be a boot up time/tweaker as part of what it could do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soluto

I'm pretty much with Zag here, unless you got some problem where windows is taking a long time to boot, anything under 1 min sure seems reasonable - trying to tweak a few seconds or there is waste of time and effort.

Ok, I am down to 47 sec and happy with that. Even with all my hardware monitors installed for the summer, no ac here so I use Asus AI suite to monitor my temps.

Thanks for the help