• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

    Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Windows 10 1903 not available

Recommended Posts

Dan~    250

Hey up, my computer refuses to acknowledge that 1903 is available to download.

 

I’ve checked for updates many a time but still not there.

 

it is a fairly old pc, so just wondering if there’s a criteria it needs to meet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bawz    49
44 minutes ago, Dan~ said:

Hey up, my computer refuses to acknowledge that 1903 is available to download.

 

I’ve checked for updates many a time but still not there.

 

it is a fairly old pc, so just wondering if there’s a criteria it needs to meet?

is all your Drivers Keyboard/USB etc up to date?  i dont think the update will show untill certain drivers are up to date

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pishaw    561

I don't know about old... this is a Dell Studio from like 2008 that came with Vista SP1, and it runs 1903 fine. As far as the driver thing goes, I haven't had to manually update a driver since Win 7.

 

You could just download an ISO.

 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bawz    49
1 hour ago, Pishaw said:

I don't know about old... this is a Dell Studio from like 2008 that came with Vista SP1, and it runs 1903 fine. As far as the driver thing goes, I haven't had to manually update a driver since Win 7.

 

You could just download an ISO.

 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

 

i manually updated all of mine Via Device Manager

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+virtorio    3,121

If you have any external storage (e.g. USB drives) connected, remove them and try again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bawz    49
53 minutes ago, virtorio said:

If you have any external storage (e.g. USB drives) connected, remove them and try again. 

thats why he should Manually update his USB Drivers before hand in Device Manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
erpster3    32
Posted (edited)

just use the 1903 media creation tool as MS sorta updated the 1903 installation media nearly a week ago that produces build 18362.175 (1903 + KB4503293).  the link that Ixion mentioned only has the older 1903 ISO install media with build 18362.30.

 

the "external usb storage" problem is partially fixed (with the KB4497935 or higher cumulative update) but not completely.

mentioned on the Known issues for 1903 section.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
goretsky    1,045
Posted (edited)

Hello,

On one system where I wanted to install Windows 10 Version 1903, I got the aforementioned warning about USB external media being attached to the system.  Where the USB flash drive in question was the one I made with the Windows Media Creation Tool.

 

I ended up creating a temporary directory on the C:\ drive (C:\WUPDATE\ or something like that), copying the contents of the installation media to the subdirectory, ejecting the USB flash drive, and running the Setup executable from the temporary  subdirectory to upgrade the system without any issues.  After installation completed successfully, I was able to delete the temporary subdirectory I had created. 

 

You might want to give that (or something similar) a try and see if that works on the computer.

 

Regards,

 

Aryeh Goretsky

 

Edited by goretsky
fixed a typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
erpster3    32
Posted (edited)
On 6/26/2019 at 3:33 AM, goretsky said:

Hello,

On one system where I wanted to install Windows 10 Version 1903, I got the aforementioned warning about USB external media being attached to the system.  Where the USB flash drive in question was the one I made with the Windows Media Creation Tool.

 

I ended up creating a temporary directory on the C:\ drive (C:\WUPDATE) or something like that), copying the contents of the installation media to the subdirectory, ejecting the USB flash drive, and running the Setup executable from the temporary  subdirectory to upgrade the system without any issues.  After installation completed successfully, I was able to delete the temporary subdirectory I had created. 

 

You might want to give that (or something similar) a try and see if that works on the computer.

 

Regards,

 

Aryeh Goretsky

 

 

I never got those warnings about usb external media in 1903, goretsky.

 

maybe because I'm using the "refreshed" 1903 install media that has either build 18362.175 or the newly released build 18362.239 (NOT the original 1903 install media that has build 18362.30) - I installed either "refreshed" 1903 version from a USB drive on my PC (left the usb drive connected during installation) and it went through without problems

 

AND Microsoft has changed the status of the usb external devices problem to "resolved" on Thursday July 11:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/resolved-issues-windows-10-1903

 

Quote

Error attempting to update with external USB device or memory card attached

Resolution: This issue is now resolved and the safeguard hold has been removed. Please note, it can take up to 48 hours before you can update to Windows 10, version 1903.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.