• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Ex-MLB Star Lenny Dykstra "Dumpster Diving" For Hours Outside Sandwich Shop In New Jersey

FunkyMike    1,860

Like a fine wine, stories about Lenny Dykstra only get better as he ages. 

Case in point: NJ.com reports that Dykstra was found dumpster diving for 9 hours outside of a Jersey Mike's sub shop in Linden, New Jersey, over the weekend. 

Also case in point: He was looking for his false teeth. 

Also also case in point: He was being helped by a professional wrestler named "Sprinkles The Clown". 

dyk.png?itok=IX4d7vUY

Dykstra told NJ.com: “The bread is so hard on those subs. I took my teeth out and put them in a napkin, folded it up and forget them there.”

He continued: “When I went back, the workers said they threw all the napkins in the garbage. I told them there was no f---- way I was leaving without my f---- teeth.”

Dykstra says the dentures are specially made with bone marrow and cost $80,000. 

His friend, professional wrestler "Sprinkles the Clown" helped him dig through the dumpster and Tweeted about it. 

They spent 9 hours searching and, early on Father's Day morning, Dykstra said he found the teeth. 

He concluded: “I was there for nine hours. I thought the cops were going to arrest me for trespassing. I wasn’t leaving my teeth there in the dumpster. No way was I leaving them.”

Dykstra lost his teeth "after jail guards in Los Angeles beat him in his cell", according to his autobiography. 

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-06-19/ex-mlb-star-lenny-dykstra-dumpster-diving-hours-outside-sandwich-shop-new-jersey

DocM    16,576

Uggghhhh...

"Nails" had it all, lost it all, and has been ricocheting off the bottom of the barrel ever since.

adrynalyne    12,286
29 minutes ago, DocM said:

Uggghhhh...

"Nails" had it all, lost it all, and has been ricocheting off the bottom of the barrel ever since.

The dude threw away his dentures on accident. Is that bottom of the barrel for you? I guess you would have just gone and paid another 80k for a new pair. 

• Like 1

DocM    16,576
1 hour ago, adrynalyne said:

The dude threw away his dentures on accident. Is that bottom of the barrel for you? I guess you would have just gone and paid another 80k for a new pair. 

I'm talking about his downward trajectory since the late 1990's. 

• Facepalm 1

adrynalyne    12,286
57 minutes ago, DocM said:

I'm talking about his downward trajectory since the late 1990's. 

Ah so typical irrelevancy. 

• Facepalm 1

The Rev    413

I used to idolize that guy when I was a kid growing up in Jersey...  Shame that smartphones and social media (along with traditional media, of course) make it so easy for people like him, who've been out of the limelight for years, to be unwittingly thrown back in it, even (or especially) at their low points.  😞

He was still a great ball player.  You'll never take away the good memories I have, watching him at the Phillies ballpark years ago.  🙂