• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

    Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

PM Issue

Recommended Posts

Mindovermaster    1,793
Posted (edited)

I have noticed, as of late, that when I reply a PM to anyone, and submit it, I see the message. All goody, as you should. But in the reply window, I see my recently typed text...

 

 

pm.png

Edited by Mindovermaster
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brandon H    2,758

I've notice this when commenting in general on the forums the past few days myself. thought it was just me as I'm out of country running on a VPN right now so didn't think to report it

 

been sporadically happening; not all the time though

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mindovermaster    1,793

Never happens when I replied to a thread, just PM. 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
adrynalyne    11,403
35 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

I've notice this when commenting in general on the forums the past few days myself. thought it was just me as I'm out of country running on a VPN right now so didn't think to report it

 

been sporadically happening; not all the time though

JavaScript is all sorts of fubar on iOS too. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mindovermaster    1,793

Any updates on this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+jnelsoninjax    11,708
On 6/21/2019 at 11:22 AM, Brandon H said:

I've notice this when commenting in general on the forums the past few days myself. thought it was just me as I'm out of country running on a VPN right now so didn't think to report it

 

been sporadically happening; not all the time though

This has been happening to me as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brandon H    2,758

just happened again in this thread https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1384121-hello-everyone-should-i-get-windows-81-windows-10-or-just-stick-to-a-linux-distro/

 

 

image.thumb.png.6144d673d333d45469195352d21c7c1f.png

 

image.thumb.png.0c70d40737678ce058ddb34fc4a11796.png

 

notice how my whole post is still in the editor and the 'post' button is stuck on 'saving'

 

@DaveLegg can you look into this please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mindovermaster    1,793

Looks like SoCalRox has this same issue...

 

@DaveLegg...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+warwagon    12,836
8 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Looks like SoCalRox has this same issue...

 

@DaveLegg...

I wonder if the issue I have is related. If I quote someone, type the post and then submit it and it put puts this crazy space between my post and what I quoted and then all the buttons are completely dead, can't edit or anything on that post ever again. Doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matthew S.    775

I've seen that issue too pop up, can't remember the browser I was using though...

1 hour ago, warwagon said:

I wonder if the issue I have is related. If I quote someone, type the post and then submit it and it put puts this crazy space between my post and what I quoted and then all the buttons are completely dead, can't edit or anything on that post ever again. Doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes.

You use Grammarly? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+warwagon    12,836
5 minutes ago, Matthew S. said:

I've seen that issue too pop up, can't remember the browser I was using though...

You use Grammarly? 

I do use Grammarly. Is that causing the problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brandon H    2,758

grammarly is known to cause formatting issues with the editer IPB uses so that could be causing your issue warwagon at least

 

the main issue of this thread I don't think it's a factor though because I don't use it myself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matthew S.    775
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, warwagon said:

I do use Grammarly. Is that causing the problem?

Yep.  Know form personal experience (look at some of the quotes I did in that one RWI thread, has a huge space, then 2, then another huge space then the actual quote.).  It actually uses HTML and injects it into the form that your typing in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mindovermaster    1,793
19 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

grammarly is known to cause formatting issues with the editer IPB uses so that could be causing your issue warwagon at least

 

the main issue of this thread I don't think it's a factor though because I don't use it myself

I don't use it either, must be just his issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mindovermaster    1,793

Been almost a week now... Anyone know anything? It annoying af...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DaveLegg    975

Could you try incognito mode for a bit (clean session, cookies, cache etc, and no third party extensions). I'm unable to replicate it myself. Given it's not happening to everyone, I suspect it's either a cookie / cache issue, or a third party extension causing the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mindovermaster    1,793
Posted (edited)

Yea, it might be my cache. I ran it in a incognite window, and it doesn't do it to me. Did a test PM, didn't show the previously written text in reply window.

 

BUT other people have said this is happening, too. So is all our cache jumbled now?

 

Edit: Yea, I just cleared cache, and we are all good. Anyone having this issue, clean your Cache!!! (I just noticed, my web cache was 1GB... :laugh: )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brandon H    2,758
41 minutes ago, DaveLegg said:

Could you try incognito mode for a bit (clean session, cookies, cache etc, and no third party extensions). I'm unable to replicate it myself. Given it's not happening to everyone, I suspect it's either a cookie / cache issue, or a third party extension causing the problem.

the problem is it hasn't been consistent; I'll have it happen maybe once every couple days since I started noticing it.

 

so I'm not sure if it's the server hickuping at the time it happens or what

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mindovermaster    1,793

I got another PM/post issue...

 

I don't think it is something about cache.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DaveLegg    975

I'm thinking more extensions than cache potentially. What extensions do you have running?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Haggis    1,006

What extensions do you have

 

this happened to me the other day and it double posted

 

I have LastPass, PIA, LinkedIn

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mindovermaster    1,793

All extensions I use are LastPass, uBlock Orgin (is disabled on Neowin), and "Open Not in New Tab"...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mindovermaster    1,793

36 hour bump, anyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brandon H    2,758
On 7/1/2019 at 7:01 AM, DaveLegg said:

I'm thinking more extensions than cache potentially. What extensions do you have running?

no extensions here; I have Neowin whitelisted on my adblocker and the only other extension I have installed is FireShot for the occasional full page screenshot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mindovermaster    1,793
1 hour ago, Brandon H said:

no extensions here; I have Neowin whitelisted on my adblocker and the only other extension I have installed is FireShot for the occasional full page screenshot

Think that means you do... Being it is installed and Neowin is whitelisted, doesn't mean it isn't doing anything wonky. AFAIK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.