Virginmedia increase upload of M200 package from 12 Mbps to 20 Mbps

For all Virginmedia customers on their M200 package, if you reboot your modem you should now have an upload speed of  20 Mbps this has been increased from 12 Mbps, the change has happened in the last 24hrs.

865264261_Annotation2019-06-29102743.thumb.jpg.c6fbde9d39ef17d950dbbab5c936dae1.jpg

1 hour ago, Sulphy said:

I just go the M500.... pretty impressive.

For people who want it they have to take everything, it is a shame it can't yet be bought on its own.

37 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Oooh thanks for the letting me know. I'll check that out 

Hope you got the upgrade after rebooting your Hub3?

Nothing for the 100 Mbps package, unfortunately.

6 Mbps is quite low and you really feel it when you want to upload 1 GB of images or something.

1 hour ago, Elliot B. said:

Nothing for the 100 Mbps package, unfortunately.

6 Mbps is quite low and you really feel it when you want to upload 1 GB of images or something.

If you're out of contract phone up retentions or whatever they're called and you will likely get a far better package than you're on now and pay less £s.

I got upgraded from 150mbit to 200mbit and pay £20 less than i did before all from a simple phone call.

On 6/29/2019 at 5:08 PM, SnoopZ said:

Hope you got the upgrade after rebooting your Hub3?

Just  checked now and have the upgrade. Thanks for the heads up 

Ironic. We had a very brief powercut last night but enough to reboot the router. Looks like I have the upgrade, thanks fort he heads up.

Of course the change in upload speed comes with a consequence...

Price Hikes as Virgin Media Start Boosting Broadband Upload Speeds

* Prices will change for most of our cable customers, with the significant majority of those seeing an increase between £2.50 and £4.50.

* The average increase is £3.30 (inc VAT)

* The average price increase is 4.9%

* We’ll be writing to our customers to explain these changes and we’ll continue to make sure they can experience even more from Virgin Media

* Customers will see their September or October bill change – the date the price change is effective will be made clear in the communication sent to customers

Source

3 minutes ago, SnoopZ said:

We always get that though regardless of any speed changes, it is still annoying though.

i find them normally do that two in tandem, so within a few months of each other. 

I'm currently paying £36/month for the M200 package, no line rental or any TV. I thought it was pricey until I realised that it was around the price for new customers too. They'll be getting a call from when I get my letter.

3 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

i find them normally do that two in tandem, so within a few months of each other. 

I'm currently paying £36/month for the M200 package, no line rental or any TV. I thought it was pricey until I realised that it was around the price for new customers too. They'll be getting a call from when I get my letter.

I phoned retentions last year and got my price of £95 for 150Mbps, Full House TV and phone reduced to £76 with a BB bump to M200 and better phone package although i never use the phone, now i know how easy it was i will try this every 12 months after a price rise.

1 minute ago, SnoopZ said:

I phoned retentions last year and got my price of £95 for 150Mbps, Full House TV and phone reduced to £76 with a BB bump to M200 and better phone package although i never use the phone, now i know how easy it was i will try this every 12 months after a price rise.

Yeah it's fairly simple to get them to give some kinda discount. If you're feeling really brave, hand your 30 day notice in so you're down as a disconnect. They normally call you back with 1/2 days and you'll normally get an even better discount.

4 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Yeah it's fairly simple to get them to give some kinda discount. If you're feeling really brave, hand your 30 day notice in so you're down as a disconnect. They normally call you back with 1/2 days and you'll normally get an even better discount.

Not brave enough for that. haha

39 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

I remember paying £32 a month for that quite a few years ago now, sadly we're paying £52, which seems to be more than the going price on their website. Defiantly time to phone them again and have a moan.

I do always think its ridiculous Virgin don't reward loyalty, I dislike having to play the game to get a better price.

CityFibre need to hurry up and go live here so Virgin have some real competition in the area.

23 minutes ago, InsaneNutter said:

I remember paying £32 a month for that quite a few years ago now, sadly we're paying £52, which seems to be more than the going price on their website. Defiantly time to phone them again and have a moan.

I do always think its ridiculous Virgin don't reward loyalty, I dislike having to play the game to get a better price.

CityFibre need to hurry up and go live here so Virgin have some real competition in the area.

This is an issue in a lot of places. Just look at mobile networks or other telcos. That's why I've with my phone contract at least, I now tend to buy the phone outright and move every 12 months to a new provider for a SIM only contract. 

In a similar situation to you. Where I live, there is zero competition with VM. All other providers can't get anywhere near the 200 that VM can offer, the nearest is about 50 :(