Teenager Accused of Rape Deserves Leniency Because He’s From a ‘Good Family,’ Judge Says

Just now, techbeck said:

Are you comparing real life to a fictional movie?  Seriously? 

It's ok though, it was totally funny.

Just now, techbeck said:

Are you comparing real life to a fictional movie?  Seriously? 

Just because it's been in movies doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Look, I'm perfectly willing to admit this could have been a case of rape, but having been a teen myself, and also having 2 teen kids, I'm also willing to bet there's a good chance this is a case of teens banging whilst drunk, the boy doing really stupid ###### with his phone, and then the girl really regretting it later once she realised there was a video.

I'm willing to bet that if the idiot boy hadn't recorded it, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Look, I'm perfectly willing to admit this could have been a case of rape, but having been a teen myself, and also having 2 teen kids, I'm also willing to bet there's a good chance this is a case of teens banging whilst drunk, the boy doing really stupid ###### with his phone, and then the girl really regretting it later once she realised there was a video.

I'm willing to bet that if the idiot boy hadn't recorded it, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I feel like you think the law no longer applies when you are drunk.

7 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Stupid comparison to justify something.

She stated she mentioned to her mom a day later she thought she was raped.  She did not have proof until she found out there was a video which the boy denied for months.

Of course not because there was no evidence.  The boy was dumb to share it and record it. 

On 7/3/2019 at 4:44 AM, FloatingFatMan said:

Doc, according to the article. BOTH were 16 and BOTH were drunk.  Neither of them could legally consent OR be fully responsible as both were drunk. If he raped her, then she also raped him...

Little confused here.  If she was so wasted or unconscious, how could she be guilty of rape?  She was just laying there while he was having sex with her.  And attackers never need consent to do what they do.  It is not like  they ask "scuse me miss, mind if I rape you?"

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

The girl was neither unconscious nor protesting. it was only after they boy wouldn't stop sending the video out that she finally accused him of rape...

None of that is within the definition of rape.

Is this rape?  Only after some time had passed AND the boy wouldn't stop sending the video out did the girl decide yes, so really.. No it isn't!

You're right, that doesn't get taken in to account as far as the definition of rape goes.

The definition of rape is, “The penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, without the consent of the victim.” 

Not that this discussion means anything. The courts agreed that this was rape, the article has nothing to do with whether it was or wasn't (it was). The article is to do with the boy's sentence nearly being reduced because his actions may harm his potential future. Guess what, kid? Everyone's actions have consequences. I think we can all agree that it's a ridiculous argument for the judge to make which is why it is being questioned.

Rape is a type of sexual assault usually involving sexual intercourse or other forms of sexual penetration carried out against a person without that person's consent. The act may be carried out by physical force, coercion, abuse of authority, or against a person who is incapable of giving valid consent, such as one who is unconscious, incapacitated, has an intellectual disability or is below the legal age of consent.[1][2][3] The term rape is sometimes used interchangeably with the term sexual assault

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape

Sure sounds like what happened here....

2 hours ago, astropheed said:

I'm surprised at how differently I'm looking at this then you @FloatingFatMan I very rarely disagree with the things you say but in this circumstance you are blowing my mind.

Girl. Unconscious.

Boy. Conscious.

Boy films her being penetrated by said boy, with all information suggesting she was unable to resist let alone consent as she was passed tf out.

Boy says he raped her. And like a complete ass shares the video with his friends saying it's rape.

"They raped each other".

All of my "what" have all of them...

I get it, teenagers get drunk and screw around, been there done that. This was not that. This was rape.

Was thinking the same thing. I visit this site everyday but so often when I go to comment on so many of the threads such as this, I read them and see someone has already written what I was thinking, so often it is FFM. :D 

But to find myself siding with DocM (no offence but Trump??? ;)) and polar opposite to FFM... The sky must be falling...

An also, notice how this has broken Astropheed's signature!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FloatingFatMan said:

then the girl really regretting it later once she realised there was a video.

One could say that she was having a case of "sexual remorse", also known as PCT, a post-coital tristesse :D 

Moral of the whole story:

Let your teen kids know of all the risks associated with going to alcohol-fuelled pajama group sex parties if you don't want anything similar to happen to them :D 

• Facepalm 1

33 minutes ago, StrikedOut said:

Was thinking the same thing. I visit this site everyday but so often when I go to comment on so many of the threads such as this, I read them and see someone has already written what I was thinking, so often it is FFM. :D 

But to find myself siding with DocM (no offence but Trump??? ;)) and polar opposite to FFM... The sky must be falling...

An also, notice how this has broken Astropheed's signature!!

Well, I'm thinking it's best for me to step away from this thread. Clearly my recent trauma has skewed my thinking in some odd directions, so i think I'm going to go plug my brain into a bottle of tequilla and see if pickling helps. :p

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Well, I'm thinking it's best for me to step away from this thread. Clearly my recent trauma has skewed my thinking in some odd directions, so i think I'm going to go plug my brain into a bottle of tequilla and see if pickling helps. :p

FFM, You're on the first steps of a long journey and I only wish you the very best in getting to a better place. Time doesnt necessarily heal all but it does make things easier.

• Like 2