• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Mic is being weird?

CringeKid    0

So my mic seems to pick up sound when i tap on it.

And while in game, teammates complain that my voice is too low and also that my mic sounds broken.

There's nothing wrong with my mic cuz ive tried it on other devices and it works fine. Some issue with the settings?

Human.Online    8,155
11 minutes ago, CringeKid said:

Obviously...

What mic, what system?  Come on!

• Haha 1

Mindovermaster    1,778

what he said ^

Also, it might be a setting in game, that is "wonky"

Nick H.    9,548
2 hours ago, CringeKid said:

And while in game, teammates complain that my voice is too low and also that my mic sounds broken.

There's nothing wrong with my mic cuz ive tried it on other devices and it works fine. Some issue with the settings?

As funny as it is, yep...mics are supposed to pick up sound in close proximity to them. All mics should pick up the sound if you tap on them. ;)

Is this on a computer? A console? I ask because I remember the PS3 having a voice modulator to tweak how you sounded, and I left it switched on several times without realizing.

What do you friends mean when they say it sounds broken? Does it just sound broken because your voice is low? Do you sound like you're far away from the mic? Do you keep cutting out on them when talking?

Is it just one game where this is happening, or is it the computer/console in general that is affected?

CringeKid    0

It seems to be the case on all games. Also it's my pc and not a console. They said they can't hear my voice loud enough to understand what im saying.

When i checked, i noticed that the green bars change only by a bit even if i scream into it.

SnoopZ    230
4 minutes ago, CringeKid said:

It seems to be the case on all games. Also it's my pc and not a console. They said they can't hear my voice loud enough to understand what im saying.

When i checked, i noticed that the green bars change only by a bit even if i scream into it.

Calibrate the Mic in Windows, also try a different Mic if that doesn't work.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4027981/windows-10-how-to-set-up-and-test-microphones

exotoxic    680
37 minutes ago, CringeKid said:

Turn up the input volume, control panel --> sound --> recording --> your device --> properties --> levels --> move sliders up (not too much or you will have the reverse problem)

CringeKid    0
3 hours ago, SnoopZ said:

Calibrate the Mic in Windows, also try a different Mic if that doesn't work.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4027981/windows-10-how-to-set-up-and-test-microphones 

Hmm ill give that a go.

3 hours ago, exotoxic said:

Turn up the input volume, control panel --> sound --> recording --> your device --> properties --> levels --> move sliders up (not too much or you will have the reverse problem)

I did that already. It's maxed out xD