• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Couple Arrested For Driving Stolen Car Filled With Uranium, A Rattlesnake And Whiskey: ....

DocM    16,486
Posted (edited)

🙄

Oh, there was also a pistol.

Just another day....

https://www.newsweek.com/uranium-rattlesnake-whiskey-arrest-oklahoma-unanswered-questions-1448695

Couple Arrested For Driving Stolen Car Filled With Uranium, A Rattlesnake And Whiskey: 'Three's Quite A Few Unanswered Questions'

Police officers in Guthrie, Oklahoma, who thought they were carrying out a routine stop of a car whose tag had expired came across a rather unusual stash.

Stephen Jennings was driving with Rachel Rivera in the passenger's seat of a stolen Ford vehicle when they were stopped by officers at around 11 a.m. on June 25. Officers found there was another passenger in the car-a timber rattlesnake.

Bodycam footage shows one officer spotting the serpent in a storage box on the back seat and exclaiming: "That sucker is huge," KFOR reported.

Jennings admitted to police that he also had a pistol in the console and officers then found an open bottle of Kentucky Deluxe whiskey—but that was not all.

A search of the vehicle also unearthed a canister of radioactive powdered uranium.

With classic understatement, Guthrie Police Sgt. Anthony Gibbs said, "There's quite a few unanswered questions. So now he's got a rattlesnake, a stolen vehicle, firearm, and somebody under arrest," he said.
>

Edited by DocM
  • Haha 2

+jnelsoninjax    11,848

Wow, I am going to say this couple has given Florida Man a run for his title! :D Love to know how they acquired radioactive powder...

DocM    16,486
Posted (edited)

Depleted Uranium isn't that hard to find, being used in counterweights and other items where you might use lead but want a smaller volume or more density. Elevators, radiation shields, etc.

More likely it's a NORM - a uranium ore sample, which you can buy on Amazon without a license. Read the questions etc., they're a hoot.

https://www.amazon.com/Images-SI-Uranium-Ore/dp/B000796XXM

Edited by DocM

Buttus    1,194

why the whiskey though?   lol

LaP    2,102
1 hour ago, Buttus said:

why the whiskey though?   lol

Why not?

• Like 2

+DonC    595

I saw the title first and thought it was going to be a @warwagon joke.

Pishaw    561

What Jennings has been charged with, so far, is possession of a stolen vehicle, transporting an open container of liquor, operating a vehicle with a suspended license, and failure to carry security verification form.

What was the snake for? Security?

They haven't been to sleep since Tuesday. Stole a car to get to the post office to pick up the uranium. It's a given that they're armed, and license is suspended. I imagine that they were asked why they were drinking cheap whiskey before noon, they probably said 'Aren't you?'.

I bet the plan was to make a weapon out of the uranium powder, wood chips, coal, metal flakes, beer cans, and duct tape. Like a potato gun. They probably thought they could squirt gas in the tube and light it, and blow up a large part of a city. I know I'm making fun of them, but why else would anyone buy something that contained uranium? To smoke it? No, because you're stupid enough to think you can make it explode. Which it doesn't. It fissions.

Again, why the snake? A Timber Rattlesnake? It's in a cage? No. Get the snake out of the car. I would walk home before I got in a car with a rattlesnake in it. Drunk or not.

I think these people need to be watched. And I don't take that lightly.

DocM    16,486
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Pishaw said:

>

Again, why the snake? A Timber Rattlesnake? It's in a cage? 

>

Road lunch? Just start a fire, kill, clean & thread it on a stick for roasting.

Tastes like a boney fish...like most reptiles & amphibians. Kinda stringy too.

(it actually does)

Edited by DocM