Cats (2019)

40 minutes ago, Zathras5 said:

Is that mocap or costume?

The behind-the-scenes featurette mentions "digital fur technology" so I'm guessing it relies heavily on mocap.

I have to admit that it looks pretty freaky to see these digitalized cats in the shape of bipedal humans. 

It's one thing to see humans in costume in the stage production of Cats.  But this is a whole other level of crazy!  :P

1 hour ago, Michael Scrip said:

The behind-the-scenes featurette mentions "digital fur technology" so I'm guessing it relies heavily on mocap.

I have to admit that it looks pretty freaky to see these digitalized cats in the shape of bipedal humans. 

It's one thing to see humans in costume in the stage production of Cats.  But this is a whole other level of crazy!  :P

It's from the same director as "#### it we'll sing it live" Les Miserables director. Wonder if they are singing live too

• Like 1

I like the original. Wonder if they will do something with Joseph and The Technicolor Coat next.

Oh I dunno... They don't look THAT different to the stage show costumes... Think of it just as CGI enhanced costumery.

Either way, Cats was my wife's favourite show and she'd have loved to see this...

16 minutes ago, Yogurth said:

Honestly I did not think I would say this but this looks great, imho. It is very likely that folks who enjoy musicals will enjoy this.

Same here, I saw the musical when I was a kid way back when, so I don't remember all that well but I'll take the gf to this one when it comes out.

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Zathras5 said:

lol😄

What movie is that scene from where the guy is holding the woman's eyes open, I can't place it... Oh wait, was it Bird Box?

I would probably watch that...

• Steven P. unlocked this topic