Rechargable Batteries and Charger

Like anyone else, I have a million and 1 different devices that requires batters.  Just mainly AA and AAA.    I am looking for a good battery charger that can hold 6+ batteries at any given time.    Charge time is no big deal really. I  am just looking for a good charger and batteries that will last a while before needing to be recharged.  Duracell and Energizer are the ones I normally use.  But I want to get rid of whatever I have and start over.  I have seen reviews are they are mixed.

Also, and good battery testers?  I tend to get batteries mixed up and after a while, some do not hold a charge very long anymore.

Thanks

1 hour ago, techbeck said:

Like anyone else, I have a million and 1 different devices that requires batters.

That just made me lmao...

Well, that's what happen with batteries. It degrades over time with use.

I can reccomend you the Duracell ones. My Dad owns one, and the batteries haven't degraded that bad. I mean, they aren't 100% anymore, but still work.

https://www.amazon.com/Duracell-Rechargeable-Batteries/s?k=Duracell+Rechargeable+Batteries

I only see chargers with 4 battery capacity, but heck, you can buy 2! 😛

Are Panasonic Eneloop and Eneloop the same thing?  I assume they are.  Also, there are blue, red, silver, and black Eneloop.  Looking at the differences now.

Any recommended chargers?   Be nice to have 4 AA on a charger and 2 AA ready to go.

Edit:  Apparently, diff colors for diff sellers.  So they are all the same.  And I guess Eneloop has been bought out a couple times.  So all good.

Edited by techbeck

A couple of people mentioned Enleloop batteries. I've seen posted online a few times that the Ikea LADDA batteries are almost the same as Eneloop, but a fraction of the cost. Think it's around £5 for 4 AAs.

In terms of chargers, I've been recommended the following

I've heard really good things from friends about the Nitecore, but I don't have one myself. 

For those that have splashed out on a fairly expensive charger, do they really make a difference? I had 4 AAs that I used to recharge with a run of the mill  Energizer charger. Those batteries lasted me 5/6 years with little to no perceived loss in capacity. 

Is it worth me spending £20/30 on a new charger with all the bells and whistles or are they more designed for professionals. 

2 minutes ago, Human.Online said:

So I’m totally new to this: what makes one charger better than others?

I'm sure someone will correct me here :P But my understanding is it has features likes being able to charge batteries individually rather than in pairs, being able to vary the amount of voltage being applied. displays so that you're able to see the exact status/charge level etc. More expensive ones are also supposedly able to jump start batteries that cheaper chargers consider to be 'dead'. 

As I said, I had a pretty basic Energizer charger that kept me going for a number of years. I get the feeling that more 'professional' chargers are designed for those that use batteries is high drain devices, things like camera flashes. 

Of course, I don't have any actual experience and this is all from reading online, so I could be talking nonsense. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

A couple of people mentioned Enleloop batteries. I've seen posted online a few times that the Ikea LADDA batteries are almost the same as Eneloop, but a fraction of the cost. Think it's around £5 for 4 AAs.

In terms of chargers, I've been recommended the following

I've heard really good things from friends about the Nitecore, but I don't have one myself. 

For those that have splashed out on a fairly expensive charger, do they really make a difference? I had 4 AAs that I used to recharge with a run of the mill  Energizer charger. Those batteries lasted me 5/6 years with little to no perceived loss in capacity. 

Is it worth me spending £20/30 on a new charger with all the bells and whistles or are they more designed for professionals. 

I paid €19.99 back in April for an Energizer recharger and 4 AA Energizer batteries which I didn't consider too expensive https://www.bol.com/nl/p/energizer-maxi-charger-ac-aa-aaa/9200000050197068/?s2a= 

39 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

I'm sure someone will correct me here 😛 But my understanding is it has features likes being able to charge batteries individually rather than in pairs, being able to vary the amount of voltage being applied. displays so that you're able to see the exact status/charge level etc. More expensive ones are also supposedly able to jump start batteries that cheaper chargers consider to be 'dead'. 

As I said, I had a pretty basic Energizer charger that kept me going for a number of years. I get the feeling that more 'professional' chargers are designed for those that use batteries is high drain devices, things like camera flashes. 

Of course, I don't have any actual experience and this is all from reading online, so I could be talking nonsense. 

Thanks.  I always just used to buy "Maplin £5.99 chargers" LOL

Hello,

I have had pretty good results with Nitecore chargers.  They make several different models, so choose the one that best fits the number of batteries you plan on charging simultaneously and how you plan on powering it (AC from wall, cigarette lighter in car, USB, etc.).

I have been using mostly IKEA's LADDA rechargeable batteries for AA and AAA batteries, which are reportedly just rebadged Panasonic-brand Eneloop batteries.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

4 hours ago, goretsky said:

I have been using mostly IKEA's LADDA rechargeable batteries for AA and AAA batteries, which are reportedly just rebadged Panasonic-brand Eneloop batteries.

Same here.. they are about half the price of batteries branded as Eneloop.