built new pc fans on gpu turn off after the screens gets to the windows login i dont know much about computers pls help

It'll be by design, most new GPUs operate via a silent mode until they start to heat up a bit.

edit - If you were wondering why it only happens when windows boots, it'll because the graphics driver doesn't kick in until this point. If you'd rather have it run constantly (no real advantage though) you can just look at the driver control panel to adjust this. Don't screw it up though, you don't want it locking up due to getting too hot if you turn things down /too/ much.

Edited by jimbobs
  • Like 2

Your title scares me. "i dont know much about computers" and "built new pc" should never be in the same sentence. 

3 minutes ago, spikey_richie said:

Your title scares me. "i dont know much about computers" and "built new pc" should never be in the same sentence. 

Nonsense, it's how you learn. If it's booting to Windows, I'd call that a success.

• Like 1

As Jimbob Says, alot of graphics cards with custom coolers are designed to turn off the fans until the GPU gets to a certain temperature - at which point the fans will spin up, and ramp up and down.

When you stop gaming (or whatever is using the GPU), its then normal for the fans to stop once the temperature drops below that same threshold.

If you are worried at all, you can always use a utliity like MSI Afterburner to over-ride the fan curve settings. To be honest though, I wouldn't worry about it - trust your graphics card.

10 minutes ago, Riva said:

Probably NVIDIA. If so dont worry thats how they work. I remember a very old nvidia model that this feature was introduced on wouldnt actually spin the fans faster after it heated enough resulting in reboots. So if you dont have random reboots, you are all good.

Newer GPUs are more efficent. Has better sensors. Like you said, I wouldn't worry about it.