• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Logging into a bank

Bruinator    35
Posted (edited)

I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to lock your online account in case you forgot to log out and was automatically logged out  to the point where one has to call the CSR to reset the account?

Jim K    13,223

What?  The question is confusing ... though I'm sure whoever you bank with can answer your question.

Mindovermaster    1,977

Your bank account logs out automatically the moment you close that tab, or browser. Unsure what you are looking for.

I don't think CSR can do anything. Your account is managed by the bank alone.

Bruinator    35
Posted (edited)

My question is if i Just close out using the X in the top right hand corner of the window by mistake if my account could be locked out where in the CSR has to reset my account coz they told me the attempted login attempts exceeded the amount to where it is locked out. I hadnt had any issues with this the past few weeks as I logged out properly. They say yes but how technical are they?

Mindovermaster    1,977

Attempted login is only for getting your password wrong. It is not the number of times you log into it, no matter how you log out or automatically get logged out.

Bruinator    35
32 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Attempted login is only for getting your password wrong. It is not the number of times you log into it, no matter how you log out or automatically get logged out.

I should of been more clear in that every attempt I log into it, I am successful so if it isnt me it must be someone else?

+jnelsoninjax    11,848

Do you mean that every time you close the bank tab, and then re-open it you are still logged in? If that is the case it could be cookies, so close the browser and try again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mindovermaster    1,977

change your password, make sure it is a secure password, bang.

Your bank should be able to unlock it. I had my CC locked a few times. An easy phone call fixed it all.

Bruinator    35

ok thx