• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

DELL - Inspiron 24 5000 23.8" Screen Replacement

Mahu    0

Hello people,

My screen has cracked and now I need a replacement screen for my "DELL - Inspiron 24 5000 23.8" Intel® Core™ i5 All-in-One PC - 1 TB HDD & 128 GB SSD, Silver" I have searched online but couldn't find a screen. Could you help me out? 

Thank you

Adavis    0

Did you try to search in ebay.com?

Steven P.    14,171

I found this https://www.ebay.com/c/25020334966 then if you can't replace it yourself, you will need to find a local computer repair shop that will do it.

But I reckon you will be in for $150-$200 all in (screen and repair) which is cheaper than a new PC.

You should search for "Dell Inspiron AIO 24 3455 23.8" Matte LCD Screen LM238WF1" for other possibilities in your area, with lower shipping costs.

BTW I also found this new https://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=23980 ($99) but they are out of stock, you could call them and ask if they know of an alternative if you prefer to buy from a reseller/new rather than eBay.

xendrome    5,527

You can lookup the service tag, and get the exact part number or PM it to me and I'll check for you. You can also contact Dell Spare Parts - 1-800-357-3355

Steven P.    14,171
6 minutes ago, xendrome said:

You can lookup the service tag, and get the exact part number or PM it to me and I'll check for you. You can also contact Dell Spare Parts - 1-800-357-3355

Good point, I should know this having registered a Dell XPS 8930 and a screen! Doh!

Mahu    0

Sorry I should have stated that I am in the UK. 

Mahu    0

Okay so I've finally managed to remove the screen.

I need to find this part in the UK please.

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-13 at 21.45.11.jpeg

xendrome    5,527

Going to just have to fire up google or ebay and see what you can find for "LM238WF2-SSK1"

Mindovermaster    2,395
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, xendrome said:

Going to just have to fire up google or ebay and see what you can find for "LM238WF2-SSK1"

What he said. Use Ebay, they are the easiest way to get ANY parts. I had to repair a few screens myself. Just make sure the seller has a good rep.