HP Laptop 17-by1022cl and windows 7 drivers?

hello, i just purchased this laptop.  i removed windows 10 and installed windows 7 as i need it for autoCAD.  i am having an issue finding the following drivers, am i SOL?  i have tried 3 driver install programs and they aren't finding anything new either.

Video card showing as Standard VGA Graphics Adapter

PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller

PCI Device

PCI Device

PCI Device

PCI Simple Communications Controller

SM Bus Controller

Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller

Unknown device

Unknown device

please help.

Edited by LilSnoop40

Well, I can't tell you what "Unknown device" is...

Try going through HP? Do they have Win 7 drivers? If not, there is a very small chance you'd find it elsewhere.

I would rather you buy an older laptop, That HAS dedicated Win 7 drivers.

7 hours ago, LilSnoop40 said:

hello, i just purchased this laptop.  i removed windows 10 and installed windows 7 as i need it for autoCAD.  i am having an issue finding the following drivers, am i SOL?  i have tried 3 driver install programs and they aren't finding anything new either.

Video card showing as Standard VGA Graphics Adapter

PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller

PCI Device

PCI Device

PCI Device

PCI Simple Communications Controller

SM Bus Controller

Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller

Unknown device

Unknown device

please help.

Need more information, for the devices that need drivers provide the Hardware ID which can be found in device manger, right click the device, select properties then in the new window go to the details tab, change property to hardware id and paste what you find here and I can help. Also, are you trying to use autocad 2015 or even older? You shouldnt need windows 7 for autocad at this point.

All 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 Autodesk software runs on Windows 10.  You can also run many 2016 products on Windows 10 with the application of the Autodesk service pack specified in the system requirements. Most 2015 and earlier products are not compatible with Windows 10, unless otherwise stated in the system requirements.

Hello,

According to the specs on HP's website, the Hewlett-Packard 17-BY1022CL notebook has an Intel Core i5-8265U processor, which is from the series of processors code-named "Whiskey Lake" by Intel.  According to this earlier report from Neowin, only Windows 10 is supported on this generation of processors.  For Windows 7 support you'll need to find a sixth-generation (code named "Skylake") Intel Core CPU.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Edited by goretsky
Edited for clarity.
  • Thanks 1