Linux Gamers - Where are you?

Since gaming on Linux has came a LONG way in the past two years, I'm curious to see if Neowin has any Linux gamers?

What I'm currently playing on Linux:

Need for Speed Rivals

OverWatch

CEMU (Mario Kart 8)

Unreal Tournament 

Quake Arena 

CSGO

GTAV

All those run great and Discord is native! Maybe if there is enough interest, we can start a Neowin Linux Gamer Discord #

• Like 1

Unfortunately part of the reason I'm on Linux is because I needed an OS that could deal with the older specs of the laptop. It's got maybe 8GB RAM and a graphics card that may as well be a piece of cardboard. It works for productivity and watching videos, but there's no way I could do serious gaming. Maybe TuxKart (haven't tried it in Linux yet) and Battle for Wesnoth. :laugh:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mindovermaster said:

This might help here:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/List_of_games

That is Arch, but you can easily download it from their website.

Cool. Thanks man. I'm just curious to see what else everyone is playing in the Neowin Linux Community :D Maybe even setup a dedicated thread helping gamers migrate over :D

5 hours ago, Nick H. said:

Unfortunately part of the reason I'm on Linux is because I needed an OS that could deal with the older specs of the laptop. It's got maybe 8GB RAM and a graphics card that may as well be a piece of cardboard. It works for productivity and watching videos, but there's no way I could do serious gaming. Maybe TuxKart (haven't tried it in Linux yet) and Battle for Wesnoth. :laugh:

Sounds like you may benefit from Nivida's cloud gaming :D

19 minutes ago, fusi0n said:

Sounds like you may benefit from Nivida's cloud gaming :D

Has there been any news on that yet? Many beta testers (myself included) have been demanding a linux Geforce Now client for more than a year now and the only answer I've seen is "we'll think about it"

I'd love to be able to use the Geforce Now streaming client natively on Linux

edit: though the laptop I had linux on as since died which is why I fell out of checking on an update for a linux client

25 minutes ago, fusi0n said:

Cool. Thanks man. I'm just curious to see what else everyone is playing in the Neowin Linux Community :D Maybe even setup a dedicated thread helping gamers migrate over :D

Actually, we do:

But it hasn't been updated for some time....

Pretty much everything on Steam (using Proton) has worked for me that I've tried -- other than Rust, now. Annoyingly.

I also play (and have done Dev work on) Warzone 2100, though it's pretty much in maintenance mode at this point. :/ 

Looking to add to my Steam and GOG collection at some point. Just haven't found anything new to tickle my fancy.

37 minutes ago, Unobscured Vision said:

Pretty much everything on Steam (using Proton) has worked for me that I've tried -- other than Rust, now. Annoyingly.

I also play (and have done Dev work on) Warzone 2100, though it's pretty much in maintenance mode at this point. :/ 

Looking to add to my Steam and GOG collection at some point. Just haven't found anything new to tickle my fancy.

Yeah, kinda Rust could of turned out better.. I guess they think they did the right thing.. 

On 8/19/2019 at 1:18 PM, Brandon H said:

Has there been any news on that yet? Many beta testers (myself included) have been demanding a linux Geforce Now client for more than a year now and the only answer I've seen is "we'll think about it"

I'd love to be able to use the Geforce Now streaming client natively on Linux

edit: though the laptop I had linux on as since died which is why I fell out of checking on an update for a linux client

Well, with Stadia all you need is Chrome and a controller, so I imagine it'll work great.

• Like 3