• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

World of Warcraft: Classic

firey    3,908

Anyone else on here reliving the glory days and playing WoW Classic? If so, I play on Smolderweb my toons name is Epiclol and I am going Disc Priest (same as my retail toon). If you happen to be on that server hit me up!

I had more or less quit after Cata due to the game becoming EZ-Mode and really not offering any real incentive to play.  Gear was handed out, could go 0 - Max without talking to a single person. Between heirlooms and mount perks the game felt very monotone.  I would purchase the Expansions buy a month of time, max out level do some LFR's and call it good until the next.

With Classic I am once again enjoying the game. I have run WC/SFK more times than I can count looking for specific drops. I've met some awesome people that I regularly quest with or touch-base with.  I've gotten whispers asking if I can heal, items from players I quest with, and just the general excitement that comes with leveling up. I've had to prioritize stats, and skill purchases.  I've had to watch and be smart about my pulls or the quests I take on.  I've had to think about where to spend my skill points, and how to make money in a world devoid of it. Barrens chat is lively again, players engage with one-another, and the sense of community is there.

For anyone that played WoW back in the day, or are looking for something new (but old) to play.. WoW Classic has, for me, lived up to and surpassed the hype. 

• Like 1

McCordRm    446

Its funny...  I absolutely *hated* WoW back when it first came out. I spent less that a month in it.

Now, I'm enjoying the hell out of the laid-back, old-school feel. I started a branch of my guild Wolf Pack on the RP server. Bloody Buccaneers.

• Like 2

McCordRm    446

Bloodsail Buccaneers, not bloody. lol

• Haha 1

Peresvet    152

I too quit after the first expansion came out. 

Now I'm playing a priest on Mirage Raceway EU and enjoying it a lot!  The game offers huge entertainment and nostalgic value to me.

The game is the same as I remember it (although the drop rates for quest items seem to have been decreased). The community is back and it has matured quite a bit.

It's reassuring knowing that there won't be any expansions in the future that will "wipe" the gear you've worked so hard for.

There are no cross-realm queues here that killed the community in the retail.

• Like 1

McCordRm    446

Some of the drop rates are horrendous. Lol

firey    3,908
15 hours ago, McCordRm said:

Some of the drop rates are horrendous. Lol

damn centaur bracers/human skulls