Electric spray guns

I just bought the following gun on amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H9SSMNL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 in which the reviews were pretty good. I have never used one before and would use it in the future for painting small things such as old end table, book case, bedroom walls...etc. I tried using it with latex paint yesterday just by pouring the paint into the gun's container and spraying but nothing came out so I read the directions and noticed it needs to be watered down in order to work. Before I do  that, I was wondering how many coats of paint I would need to get the thickness of a brush/roller so it would last for a while?

I am not sure it is a good idea to even use it and send it back. Can I get some thoughts on those who use them. I wouldn't be using it too often.  Thx

Were you sure you had the correct nozzle attached for latex paint? I had one of these things before and I thought it absolutely sucked when using paint. Did an alright job on using stain on my deck though. Thought it was quite messy using anything also.

For interior, spray guns get the paint every where.  It is much better for exterior.  Interior, you are much better off using a roller or sponge and using a brush to cut in.  It is far less work to use a roller.

If you cover everything that you don't want to get paint on, then maybe it is worth it.  But when I say everything, I mean everything...close off other rooms, cover carpet, chandeliers, lighting, wall plugs and switches, remove all furniture, remove anything that isn't nailed down, and cover yourself.  Paint flies everywhere you don't want it to be.