DELL Optiplex 3010 mini pc

I have just bought a dell optiplex 3010 mini pc. An am planning to upgrading to a gaming pc, I have already bought the maximum possible ram. An a gtx 650 2 bf, am now planning to upgrade the psu, what type of psu do I use. Please give me full names please

What did you buy? A 3010 Small Form Factor?

I doubt the GTX 650 will fit in there as that system requires a low profile card, and the power supply is proprietary and will not have 6 pin connectors required for that card, plus those power supplies max out at about 120watts I believe?

^ What he said.

And also, are you sure you got the correct RAM? Those SFF motherboards normally have 1 or 2 memory slots and some use laptop RAM...

22 hours ago, xendrome said:

I doubt the GTX 650 will fit in there as that system requires a low profile card, and the power supply is proprietary and will not have 6 pin connectors required for that card, plus those power supplies max out at about 120watts I believe?

No I bought a dell optiplex 3010. It’s not a suffer but a desktop. It’s body is smaller than the 3010 tower

4 hours ago, Lju said:

No I bought a dell optiplex 3010. It’s not a suffer but a desktop. It’s body is smaller than the 3010 tower

If it's smaller than a desktop, then it's a SFF...

edit: you're confusing SFF with Mini. Show us a picture of it.

Must be a sale going on with these 3010s.

If you have anything but the 3010 tower ... you're sorta outta luck.  The desktop and SFF version only provides 50W at the PCIe ... and it has proprietary power supply (meaning it isn't any standard size you can swap).

You can see this thread here ... 

On 10/3/2019 at 7:01 PM, xendrome said:

No, mine is at 250. But I upgraded it to 300w. Since it’s the highest available for the pc

On 10/4/2019 at 10:54 PM, Mindovermaster said:

If it's smaller than a desktop, then it's a SFF...

edit: you're confusing SFF with Mini. Show us a picture of it.

It’s not a sff, it’s a mini desktop. It’s size is like an sff. But different in many ways especially the interior

Just now, Lju said:

It’s not a sff, it’s a mini desktop. It’s size is like an sff. But different in many ways especially the interior

I can’t post pictures because of this 2mb post limit

8 minutes ago, Lju said:

I can’t post pictures because of this 2mb post limit

If it's a Mini, about all you want to upgrade, you can't. Most of the stuff, besides your SSD/HDD, is likely soldered on...

Any of these?

dell-optiplex-3010-7010-9010-dt-desktop-

4 hours ago, Mindovermaster said:

If it's a Mini, about all you want to upgrade, you can't. Most of the stuff, besides your SSD/HDD, is likely soldered on...

Any of these?

dell-optiplex-3010-7010-9010-dt-desktop-

Yes, it is similar to the dt. An I can upgrade the hdd, an all the other parts. But the psu can only be upgraded to 300w. It has two slots ram, half height gpu spots( about 4)  

Just now, Lju said:

Yes, it is similar to the dt. An I can upgrade the hdd, an all the other parts. But the psu can only be upgraded to 300w. It has two slots ram, half height gpu spots( about 4)  

It’s the dt

Hello,

From looking at this manual for your system, it appears you should be able to fit a half-height/low-profile video card that does not use supplemental power (e.g., has a 75 Watt power draw) like an AMD Radeon Pro WX 4100 or an NVidia GT1650 low-profile video card from Gigabyte, MSI , Zotac or similar video card manufacturer.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

• Thanks 1

To add to Goretsky.

It uses a proprietary PSU. Has only a 250W. Probably a mini-itx PSU.

Also, it can only use DDR3 1333 & 1600MHz up to 8GB. (2x 4GB)