• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Beware of screen burn with dark mode: New Claim on Apple Discussion Forums

spacelordmaster    132

Any of you experiencing any of these new claims? I honestly don't see how dark mode can cause this issue they are talking about, unless they are keeping the screen "on" for super long periods of time. Any thoughts on this issue dudes?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250654753

• Like 1

jimbobs    33

I guess it's plausible, however this should be true for the system icons on the top bar more than the keyboard as suggested, doesn't make much sense that it's just the keyboard causing the issue.

I say plausible because on amoled, light on dark is different to dark on light, also, if the letters are 100 white, that 100% intensity on only the illuminated pixels.

• Like 1

adrynalyne    13,756
2 hours ago, jimbobs said:

I guess it's plausible, however this should be true for the system icons on the top bar more than the keyboard as suggested, doesn't make much sense that it's just the keyboard causing the issue.

I say plausible because on amoled, light on dark is different to dark on light, also, if the letters are 100 white, that 100% intensity on only the illuminated pixels.

Black on amoled =pixels turned off. There is nothing to burn in on the top bar unless it isn’t pure black. That said, any color other than black has an equal chance of burn in on amoled. 

jimbobs    33
1 hour ago, adrynalyne said:

Black on amoled =pixels turned off. There is nothing to burn in on the top bar unless it isn’t pure black. That said, any color other than black has an equal chance of burn in on amoled. 

This is exactly what I said "100% intensity on only the illumiated pixels"

Wasn't particularly clear in what I was saying though, being half asleep when I was trying to articulate an idea lol

• Like 1