• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Burned installers are leaving Ubiquiti.

betax    16

The company that it is pretty well known for kick butt wireless hardware and to a lesser extent camera hardware has recently gone out of their way to alienate their installers of their legacy unifi-video platform by imposing a forced advertisement to a less-capable platform to the point of them dropping their hardware entirely.  Their support forms are full of gems like this. 

adrynalyne    12,314

UBNT has never had as good a track record with their cameras vs their network equipment. 

betax    16

A recent post has a shareholder moving towards dropping them.  And they won't go near or respond to the mounting complaints.    Its getting bad.

farmeunit    672

I'll still use them for cheap cameras.  They're decent for the price and the software is free with no licensing.  Many other options to choose from for people, they'll just have to pay for it.  I personally have no problem with a company trying to create a little revenue considering there are no support or licensing costs while other vendors are moving to yearly fees.  If you don't wants ads, pay more money.  I agree it was sort of a dick move not explaining the move better, but....  First world problems.