Acronis something fishy going on

Question

With Acronis 2020, it's my first time with a backup program  they installed 16 backup folders 4 GB each on my lapptop

so I thought wow my all important C:/ has  only 500 GB it's a new new SS hardrive installed one month ago after a crash and so and those 16 Acronis folders each 4 GB sor 400 GB not sure sorta left me with not much left , and strangely Acronis has only one folder backup in my 6 TB external drive with gigantic room

Acronis says thats the way it suppose to be when I ask about it , I can't believe them

so I am left with a filled up hardrive what do you think about  it ? Are they right 16 folders 400 GB each is what they do with everybody
"Sounds like Acronis may have been trying to Image its image files ... as it was making them ?" you think I should contact Acronis and mention that ?image.thumb.png.35b5d6cadea667cd61d34349b6cca078.png

I appreciate your help thank you so much, I am an 85 year old grandpa and a newbie/Oldbie at this game BTW

image.thumb.png.35b5d6cadea667cd61d34349b6cca078.png

2 answers to this question

That seems odd, is the backup job backing up to the same hard drive as the system?

What are the settings for the backup job?

I have the newest version installed on my personal computer, going to check when I get home tonight.

I am not sure what you mean by settings but ( I choose no Schedule at all  so one backup and no incremental backups  

If I want in 6 months or later I will  delete this backup and make a new one and BTW I  also I excluded music , photo, my docs. and videos , I use idrive to back those up,and that my settings if that's what you mean 

My intention was to save space on my C:/ drive but looks like it didn't help , they put 16 folders each 4.00 GB on my poor little 500 GB brand new hard drive and now its all but filled up, maybe I should just uninstall or what ever and get away from these people , don't really know what to do image.thumb.png.51a4d3bc34ff4af49374f9d1dcca00ce.png16 of them each 4,979.GB 

Edited by ramosed80
added more wording