• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

What will bailiff do?

imachip    158
5 minutes ago, Human.Online said:

That's great, feel free to consider what you wish of my stance.

I do (and did), so does everyone else who've read this.  Not sure what you're trying to say here...

I don't!?  Never suggested I did!?

Well, you just seem pretty defensive of your point of view, that's all.

Such as the spectrum of cases I interact with through voluntary care?

Good for you (and them) - Apologies to make the assumption you didn't.

+Human.Online    8,595
5 minutes ago, imachip said:

I do (and did), so does everyone else who've read this.  Not sure what you're trying to say here...

OK, so because a few people take the same stance as you, I should applaud you?  I should say sorry to someone? What?  What are YOU trying to say here?  I get it, you find my stance quite hard.  Great.  So?  Why are you telling me?  What do you want?  Why are you telling me?  What's the response you want?  You quoted me and then directly engaged me by telling me what you felt.  So... I don't get it... I have acknowledged what you've said, but you somehow wanted either a different reaction or no reaction? What?

Well, you just seem pretty defensive of your point of view, that's all.

Defensive... I will defend my stance?  Sure.  When directly engaged, sure.  Some reason that you feel I shouldn't?  Should someone's opinion on my opinion be posted, and I am not meant to respond?  Is that how discussion works now?  Would you like the final say, or some such gesture?  I'm certainly not looking for such a thing, but when directly engaged, it would be odd to not respond unless the conversation were over.

Good for you (and them) - Apologies to make the assumption you didn't.

It's a fair assumption.  More people don't than do - obviously.

imachip    158

OK, so because a few people take the same stance as you, I should applaud you?  I should say sorry to someone? What?  What are YOU trying to say here?  I get it, you find my stance quite hard.  Great.  So?  Why are you telling me?  What do you want?  Why are you telling me?  What's the response you want?  You quoted me and then directly engaged me by telling me what you felt.  So... I don't get it... I have acknowledged what you've said, but you somehow wanted either a different reaction or no reaction? What?

I'm just saying your stated the obvious in your response.  If someone says 'My opinion about that thing is blah blah blah', would you really reply to say 'That's great, feel free to consider whatever you wish from my stance' infers that you are giving me permission to state my own view of which I've already done.  It's a bit condescending, don't you think?

Defensive... I will defend my stance?  Sure.  When directly engaged, sure.  Some reason that you feel I shouldn't?  Should someone's opinion on my opinion be posted, and I am not meant to respond?  Is that how discussion works now?  Would you like the final say, or some such gesture?  I'm certainly not looking for such a thing, but when directly engaged, it would be odd to not respond unless the conversation were over.

That's fine, please continue :) - I don't want to stifle debate.  It was an observation.

+Human.Online    8,595
13 minutes ago, imachip said:

I'm just saying your stated the obvious in your response.  If someone says 'My opinion about that thing is blah blah blah', would you really reply to say 'That's great, feel free to consider whatever you wish from my stance' infers that you are giving me permission to state my own view of which I've already done.  It's a bit condescending, don't you think?

You told me what your opinion was.  I acknowledged that you told me about your opinion on my opinion, but it means nothing, changes nothing.  Should it change anything?  Is your opinion more valid than mine?  You don't need permission and I acknowledge that you didn't seek it nor did I give it as it's not mine to give.

But my opinion is MINE, I don't need your validation nor do I care for your condemnation of it.  What did you WANT by telling me how you felt about MY opinion?  If you feel condescended, and we're all supposed to be fluffy and lovely and put ourselves in each others shoes apparently: imagine how I feel being given critique on MY opinion.  THAT is condescending!  Obviously that's hyperbole because I don't feel condescended because you don't matter to me beyond the context of "a person who uses the Internet to critique other's opinions".  No offense meant by that, it's just a factual summary of what you are to me.

No ill will in any of this, I still just don't understand why, if you feel it's correct for you to comment on my opinion (I don't feel it's incorrect for you to do so - by the way), it's somehow incorrect for me to acknowledge that you've done so and let you know the impact it has had.  If this were in-person, the response without written word would be a shrug - not negative, not positive, just an ackowledgement that it happened without any impact.

So, can we stay on topic of ignoring bailiffs now rather than people disliking the fact I openly express a poor opinion on those who choose to ignore financial responsibilities?

imachip    158
20 minutes ago, Human.Online said:

You told me what your opinion was.  I acknowledged that you told me about your opinion on my opinion, but it means nothing, changes nothing.  Should it change anything?  Is your opinion more valid than mine?  You don't need permission, but my opinion is MINE, I don't need your validation nor do I care for your condemnation of it.  What did you WANT by telling me how you felt about MY opinion?  If you feel condescended, and we're all supposed to be fluffy and lovely and put ourselves in each others shoes apparently: imagine how I feel being given critique on MY opinion.  THAT is condescending!  Obviously that's hyperbole because I don't feel condescended because you don't matter to me beyond the context of "a person who uses the Internet to critique other's opinions".  No offense meant by that, it's just a factual summary of what you are to me.

All I am is a person with a different point of view from yours.  I've attempting to respond to your comments with my reasoning (just like you did to others).  Unlike the others I chose to respond again and carry this on.  You critiqued my responses, and as did I yours.

To me, you're a person and I do my best to respond as I would having a conversation with any.  If you feel like you got unfairly treated by me, then truely I'm sorry for that.

• Like 1

+Human.Online    8,595
1 minute ago, imachip said:

All I am is a person with a different point of view from yours.  I've attempting to respond to your comments with my reasoning (just like you did to others).  Unlike the others I chose to respond again and carry this on.  You critiqued my responses, and as did I yours.

To me, you're a person and I do my best to respond as I would having a conversation with any.  If you feel like you got unfairly treated by me, then I'm sorry for that.

I don't feel that you treated me unfairly, but I appreciate that you care.  I just acknowledged that you have a different opinion - I assume many will.  What I don't understand is: you felt you should tell me your opinion on my opinion, but when I acknowledge it, that's somehow an issue for you.  So, once more: What did you want from telling me? 

You do something that I personally deem to be a condescending act*: critiquing my personal opinion - but I accept that when something is publicly shared it is immediately open to such commentary.

You directly inform me of your critique of my personal opinion - thus you are directly engaging me in a conversation on my personal opinion.

However, when I acknowledge your actions and let you know my opinion of them, you accuse me of being condescending.  How does that work?

* I don't personally feel condescended as you don't have the ability to make me feel that - that's mine to own and not yours to give. I feel your act was condescending but I acknowledge that you don't interpret your actions that way.

Either way, like I say - no ill will, but I'm going to end this part of the conversation here as this is going round and round in circles, it means nothing to me beyond answering a person who is engaging me and it is now wholly off topic.  Have a good night :)

boo_star    401
12 minutes ago, garanadhav said:

wonga was irresponsible because they were offering 1k loan to be repaid in one month, which kind of forced me to borrow from them again and again and again. I "ignored" that debt, it was hanging around in my credit rating file for years. In the end Wonga was forced to write it off and now they are offering me money as compensation.

They're offering you the interest and fees back as compensation.  Or rather their administrators are.  You likely won't see 1% of it and it isn't an admission of guilt.

Also, lending someone £1000 for a month isn't in and of itself, wrong.