Is Fallout 76 worth buying?

I read allot of negative about Fallout 76, but is it really that bad of a game? I can buy for $16 from Amazon right now and would like to know how good/bad the game is.

Every person have different taste of adventure,

I suggest to go to youtube and check out the random walkthrough, and decide for yourself, if you like it or not?

The issue people had with it initially was based on its stability, which was understandable, this is the first time multiplayer has been crammed into the fallout engine.  The game itself was fine, some people had issues with there being no human npc's, but that's part of the story. what happened? and drives your adventure through the region. :) 

With it being mmo'esque they are introducing npc's in a few months so if you want to experience the story in its vanilla form now would be the time to start, who knows what big changes will come with their arrival. 🤔

Buy it while its cheap and even if you don't play it yet it will gain more content over time for you to explore.

9 minutes ago, Louisifer said:

The issue people had with it initially was based on its stability, which was understandable, this is the first time multiplayer has been crammed into the fallout engine.  The game itself was fine, some people had issues with there being no human npc's, but that's part of the story. what happened? and drives your adventure through the region. :) 

With it being mmo'esque they are introducing npc's in a few months so if you want to experience the story in its vanilla form now would be the time to start, who knows what big changes will come with their arrival. 🤔

Buy it while its cheap and even if you don't play it yet it will gain more content over time for you to explore.

They probably already fixed it with updates. If he will buy it from amazon, hope is the digital version. That may come with the latest updates integrated. I will not buy the disc version myself.

I think @Xahid said it best, watch some lets play style videos of it to judge for yourself because it really does have mixed opinions.

I enjoyed it, and whilst the initial lack of NPCs did put me off I quickly got over it and learned to enjoy the games story via the Holo tapes. I don't know how many hours I've put in but it's quite a few and still didn't get too close to being at a level where I could explore the map fully so expect a lot of grinding.

I don't get a lot of time to game these days and I have more games to play than I have time for so I've not played this in a while but I do hope to come back to it.

On 10/22/2019 at 5:47 AM, Riva said:

So if the game has no NPCs, it has no plot? Has it got PvP? Sorry I never played it so apologies for the daft questions

I only played a little of it on the free weekend, so probably not the best person to ask.  It had a plot but none of the game structure seemed to make sense to me.

It is also worth noting that Bethesda monetizes it as much as possible with game impacting purchases.

FO76 does have PvP, and it does have a battle royale mode. It also has base building. I would seriously advise waiting for the next update that has human NPCs and a new central quest, if you are interested, though.

I hear it is better than at launch, but I don't see the value in being abused like that. There are better games. The Outer Worlds launches this week, is on game pass, and has been highly reviewed as a great Fallout game. If that is what you're looking for, you might want to try that. Because FO76 doesn't have NPCs or a strong central quest, it is barely a Fallout game at all. That (and the monetization) is what pisses off most people about it.

1 hour ago, Zagadka said:

It is also worth noting that Bethesda monetizes it as much as possible with game impacting purchases.

FO76 does have PvP, and it does have a battle royale mode. It also has base building. I would seriously advise waiting for the next update that has human NPCs and a new central quest, if you are interested, though.

I hear it is better than at launch, but I don't see the value in being abused like that. There are better games. The Outer Worlds launches this week, is on game pass, and has been highly reviewed as a great Fallout game. If that is what you're looking for, you might want to try that. Because FO76 doesn't have NPCs or a strong central quest, it is barely a Fallout game at all. That (and the monetization) is what pisses off most people about it.

Thanks for the great insight! I decided (for the moment) to get The Surge 2, and focus on it, I might come back and look at the fallout's again, but I have only ever played fallout 3, none of the expansions, so I might look into that.

Don't forget about The Outer Worlds (which is kinda Fallout'ish) .... coming out in a few days.  Reviews have seemingly been very positive.

• Like 1

Just now, Jim K said:

Don't forget about Outer Worlds (which is kinda Fallout'ish) .... coming out in a few days.  Reviews have seemingly been very positive.

I will look into it as well.

On 10/22/2019 at 11:47 AM, Riva said:

So if the game has no NPCs, it has no plot? Has it got PvP? Sorry I never played it so apologies for the daft questions

The story of the game is delivered via Holotapes (audio tapes) in which you are following the trail of someone who got out of the Vault before you.

There are robots as well as notes that also deliver quests to you.

On 10/25/2019 at 4:45 PM, Riva said:

So if you cant find any, you roam the open environmen

Yes, to some that may sound boring but for me it's something I've done in all fallout games. There are built up towns and areas that are obvious on the map so you know if you head to one of those you are going to pick up a quest or two. Not to mention the main story line will have you visiting different areas so you'll be directed to explore.

There is the obvious base building which I think is better than it was in Fallout 4.

There are world events that go off at random points around the map, some are tougher than others but all but one I've done can be done solo if need be.

Lastly, there are workshops that you can capture that are good for specific resources (food, ammo, scrap etc) for you to capture, this will again randomly spawn 3 waves of enemies that will attack the workshop that you need to go back to and defend if you wish to keep it.