Finally!!! 4 monitors on my Couch Computer!!! Woot!

48942705998_232cb9e22a_b.jpg

So I recently acquired a 20 inch AOC screen from an old lady who wanted to get rid of her desktop setup. I've always wanted a 4th screen on my computer so I could monitor 2 remote sessions at one time, each on their own screen. You might be asking yourself, but couldn't do that on the 3 screens you already had? Yes I could, but the big screen (bottom left) is my main screen and one of the two screens on the right is my instant messaging ( chat monitor) . I could put a remote session there instead but I always thought it would be nice to be able to have a main monitor, a chat monitor and 2 remote sessions.

Just so happen to have a HDMI to VGA box I bought for 50 cents but never opened from "It's $5" where you can get 10 things for $5 on Friday's or 50 cents a piece. 

I had some parts left over from another monitor arm setup. The screen weighs almost nothing. This is a TOTAL Jerry rig, but it works.

The setup also suffers from Cable hell, soooo many cables for a couch computer :D

48943448287_ba2b07ab46_b.jpg

• Like 2

Jesus ###### Christ, think you have enough ergo arm extenders in that setup, that poor base mount must be crying to let loose. But none the less, 👍

Also I like the laminate threshold piece being used to "stabilize" the monitor arm mounted to a monitor arm... lol

Ok, so I might be in the minority here, but I like the out of the box thinking.

I've always preferred interesting solutions to problems to ones that are already there.

I like the way it looks! I sorta have the same setup. I have a 27inch and 3x 19inch monitors. I didn't use arms because when I got 2x 19s "donated" to me from a client I didn't have any arms, I just ended up using 2x4's to make little stands.

I have no complaints it works for what I need, its stable enough (always a worry here in southern California and our earthquakes).

Thanks for sharing warwagon always enjoy seeing what your upto.

2 minutes ago, Matthew S. said:

Jesus ###### Christ, think you have enough ergo arm extenders in that setup, that poor base mount must be crying to let loose. But none the less, 👍

I know right? I always expected that base to tip over at any given moment, but it never has!  :D Only saving grace, is that both screens connected to the arms are feather lite

1 minute ago, warwagon said:

I know right? I just expect that base to tip over at any given moment, but it never has!  :D

Those are the same arm's we use a work, have yet to manage to muck one up lol

Just now, Matthew S. said:

Those are the same arm's we use a work, have yet to manage to muck one up lol

Worst comes to worse I was going to buy some more at "It's $5" ..I always see them there for $5