Firefox can not connect to my banks online site

Running the latest version of Firefox, and attempt to visit https://www.vystarcu.org it never loads, in the bottom left of the screen it indicates that it is waiting for ff.kis.v2.scr.kaspersky-labs.com, when I attempt to ping said address it does not respond, and tracert fails as well.

I do have Kaspersky Internet Security running on my system, but I do not have the add-on enabled, and when I load the site in Edge, it works fine. Even when Kaspersky is paused, I am still unable to access the site. How can I correct this issue? I checked the proxy setting within FF and set it to none, it was set to system detect, and I have no proxy anyway.

not a FF issue

firefox.thumb.jpg.ba3e60f257bdf1ab6ee671d2abdd3ae6.jpg

Loads just fine here.  Running 70.0

But that site doesn't ping anyway

Pinging 797ba36a-5392-4480-b9f2-9dcd0a6e7def.cloudapp.net [40.121.133.69]

no response.

OK, if not a FF issue, what is it? Brother in law can access it from his system on the same network, I have flushed DNS as a test, but that did nothing, and it loads fine in edge. So some rouge extension in FF?

What does it show for add-ons? What did you add to it? Or is this a vanilla FF version?

POSSIBLY if you updated to the latest version, it could have some problems that carried over from the last version, Or.... something...

17 minutes ago, cork1958 said:

Not a Firefox or Chromium issue on Linux Mint with only ublock origin extension.

Yeah, same. On ArcoLinux here. (based on Arch) Gotta be a setting in your computer that is f'ing it up.

Does Kaperesky have like a whitelist?

It's a Kaspersky issue. You might not have the add-on running, but you have the Internet Security Suite which is still running and protecting you. Temp disable, not pause, Kaspersky completely and I bet you can access it.

Hello,

My initial thought is the same as @Circaflex's.  Most likely the host at ff.kis.v2.scr.kaspersky-labs.com is down, and as a result, the connection is not being forwarded or processed correctly. 

With many modern anti-malware programs these days, when you disable a feature or a function, it does not actually get removed.  It stays resident and keeps filtering or processing, but just does not trigger any blocking/warning when a threat is found.  The message and accompanying action are what gets disabled, not the actual program code.  This "programmatic turning on-and-off of filtering" is what allows you to toggle an option in the software to enable or disable a feature or function without requiring the system to reboot, as might have been required in the Windows 9x/NT days.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

9 hours ago, Circaflex said:

It's a Kaspersky issue. You might not have the add-on running, but you have the Internet Security Suite which is still running and protecting you. Temp disable, not pause, Kaspersky completely and I bet you can access it.

So I did that and suddenly it loads, and when I reload KIS I can still access the bank, so IDK what happened there

• Like 2