• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Fios replacement battery

Bruinator    37

I need a replacement battery for my Fios box. It states that the battery is a 12v5.0 Ah. Do I have to get the exact same specs or could I also get a 12v7.0 Ah?

Thx

+Zag L.    725

A 7ah will work just fine as long as it fits dimensionally. Measure carefully. Also make sure the battery you get has the same terminal style and are arranged in the same polarity on the same side of the battery.

• Thanks 1

+BudMan    3,551
11 hours ago, Bruinator said:

I need a replacement battery for my Fios box

What is the specific make and model number of the box?  Do you own it?  I would think if you rent it - and the battery is not working, or needs to be replaced that would be on the company that is renting it to you, or actually owns it - ie the ISP.

edit:  I would think replacing this with a bigger battery, might not even fit, etc.  What is the part number on the battery?  Etc..  a 7ah can be much larger than a 5ah..  Unless you actually "own" the device I would not replace it - since if anything goes wrong - the "owning" company of said device could force you to pay full price of a replacement unit, etc.

• Like 1

Bruinator    37
Sheila8477    0
Bruinator    37
On 11/23/2019 at 1:15 AM, Sheila8477 said:

I have a issue on this 

Go on ebay and find one that is for Fios. If you have a cell phone, you dont even need a battery.