Plastic and nail polish remover

Mattbis

Hello. I am an idiot. I understand and I am fully aware of my mistake but. Today I decided to remove stickers from my PS4 pro and when it leaves stains I will just use nail polish remover . I used nail polish remover and now it has spots in the plastic. They are black spots () is there any way to restore it to factory condition? The spots are black. They look like if you spill water on something. It looks wet  but it isnt. ( I can't upload pictures) Thanks for the replies.

macoman

Are the stickers, the logo of the PS4?

• 4 weeks later...
Emn1ty

You need to use something that doesn't eat plastic. As far as restoring it, you could get something to fill it, sand it and then repaint it but otherwise there's not really anything you can do as far as I'm aware.

sagum
On 11/1/2019 at 5:44 PM, Mattbis said:

is there any way to restore it to factory condition?

Replacement plastic case part from ebay or buy one of the cheap vinyl decals and hide it in plain sight. 

s-l1000.jpg

SnoopZ

Do you have a photo of the damage?

And yes, never ever use nail polish remover on plastic, you want something IPA based.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Vindicta
      my laptop has an AMD ryzen 7 4800H with integrated AMD radeon graphics, a GTX 1660 TI, my OS is in windows 10. My laptop has a 144hz display and an external monitor (60hz) that is connected to my laptop which works PERFECTLY FINE before everything.

So on my laptop screen, DOTA 2 was open while in my external monitor/display, I have my Discord and website open. I was just watching youtube vids when suddenly my monitor froze then laptop display turned blue with text saying " ;( windows ran into a problem" or something like that. At first I thought it was the fabled blue screen that breaks your computer but to my suprise it just automatically restarted my laptop, upon typing my password on my lockscreen, I noticed that my external monitor isn't working and that my laptop display looks weird. So, I asked a friend and told me to check my device manager and I saw that my AMD Radeon Graphics has this "code 43" thing, so he said to just update my drivers and update my windows software, so I did all that and its still there. I did a little exploring myself on my laptop and found that my laptop display was using MS basic display and that it was on 1hz, now I was panicking because I was thinking that my driver is broken or gone, so he told me to try using the one on the AMD website that updates drivers, and so I did that but still nothing. As for the monitor, I tried trouble shooting it, connecting-disconnecting it, force detecting with settings, using the "add device" button under "Bluetooth and other devices"  still nothing, I really dont know what to do. I dont even know what happened before the blue screen

I seen people uninstall their drivers then install it or using the roll back options but idk, what if something happened to my laptop, I dont wanna risk it ;(

• By NeverMadeSenseMeBeingHere
      Hello fellow movie and tv-series watchers 🎞️

I don't believe I ever made a topic in this thread 😊 

If I have a memory of a scene in a movie(I don't think it's an animated movie) is anyone here perhaps more in tune with the world of cinema than me?

Here goes.. The scene I remember is of a path/stairs/steps where people are to be judged by the use of their hearts truth. Meaning I believe that the whole line of people are all waiting to be judged by the use of a scale and some of the characters have known problems by that; the truth of their heart(pureness)

I get the feeling it's of course an afterlife movie or circles around the realm of the dead before being allowed to enter the afterlife.

It's a dark scene, with a huge portal that people enter through.

Also, perhaps I'm incorrectly remembering the topic of afterlife and if it's actually about entering an eternity of damnation. 

This is all I have to go by.

The more I write this it might be too much for a live action movie to deal with - and it could be an animated movie afterall.

If anyone has just the faintest idea then please me out.. I have a thing for movies about the afterlife and the trials therein - the judging of sorts.

• By NeverMadeSenseMeBeingHere
      Hello,

Edit .. the recent purchased you see is either from my already owned software that I've reinstalled or new software that I tried getting to try and kickstart my list of Owned apps.

I've just installed Windows 10 Pro on my iMac again, after being off it for a while. It's currently the only OS installed and I have a major issue with Windows Store.

I consider it a major issue, but you may not. Anyway, I've purchased and downloaded a few programs like Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer and wallpaper sets from Microsoft(of their Premium uploads to the Store) from the Windows Store. I am quite a bit frustrated as the list is empty all the way down - individual listings doesn't reveal anything either i.e by selecting Apps/Games/Movies in My Library inside Windows Store on Windows 10.

To make matters worse my Packard Bell laptop that uses the same Microsoft account as login also yields the exact same issue.  I am at a loss as what to do about this - I reckon it's an account issue. I am able to install my software by searching for them individually, but not from any list containing an overview of same software and various wallpaper sets. One other issue that you'll notice in my Capture6 image is that my iMac isn't on the list for Windows Store - despite just having installed and logged in to my Microsoft account at setup. This installation is the second in two days; to try and solve the issue via reinstall of Windows.

These screenshots are from my iMac but the EasyNote laptop has the same look.

Let me say that I have already; reset the Store Cache and deleted files manually per instructions from Microsoft Online Support Community/Forum - didn't help one bit. wsreset didn't help .

Funny thing is that the online view of all my purchased is empty too. This page is available on my Microsoft account page and yours too - I would think.

I can't say how recent this issue is with the Windows Store - I noticed it first on my EasyNote laptop and then it settled to function - then I thought to install Windows 10 on my iMac because of customization reasons. Then this.

What is the experience with this from other users? Is there that one thing that can help me get a feeling of liking the experience of Windows and solve this bothersome problem? Do I need to call Microsoft and have them look through my account?

• By Jay Bonggolto
      NBCUniversal to launch Peacock on PlayStation 4 and 4 Pro on July 20
      by Jay Bonggolto

Comcast already revealed in May the platforms where Peacock will stream on. The streaming service will be available on a variety of Apple devices and on Microsoft’s Xbox One family on July 15 when it rolls out in the U.S.

Today, Peacock announced a further expansion of its availability. NBCUniversal's new streaming platform will make its way to Sony's PlayStation 4 and 4 Pro on July 20, five days after its nationwide launch. Regarding Peacock's upcoming PS4 rollout, Maggie McLean Suniewick, President of Business Development and Partnerships for Peacock, said:

In April of this year, Peacock was also previewed on the Xfinity X1 and Flex. It will offer ad-supported content including movies and current TV shows from NBC and Telemundo. Movies like the Jurassic Park franchise, Meet the Parents, Do the Right Thing, and Shrek will also be available to watch. Content spans a vast array of genres such as news, sports, reality, and late night shows.

For $4.99 per month, you can watch more programs with a total streaming time of up to 15,000 hours, double that of its free tier, although content will still display ads. If you want to remove those, you can opt to pay an additional $5 per month.

• By Namerah S
      Limited edition The Last of Us Part II themed PS4 Pro bundle announced
      by Namerah Saud Fatmi

Sequel to the critically acclaimed PS4 exclusive action-adventure title The Last of Us, The Last of Us Part II is scheduled to launch exactly one month from now on June 19, 2020. To commemorate the approaching release of The Last of Us Part II, today the game's publisher, Sony, and developer Naughty Dog partnered up to announce a themed limited edition console.

Sony's limited edition console bundle features a PlayStation 4 Pro sporting a large, intricate laser engraving of Ellie's tattoo from the series on the front panel of the console with a matte finish. Aside from a physical copy of the upcoming game and the tattooed console, the bundle also includes a code to redeem digital content and other limited edition gear such as a gold wireless headset, a 2TB Seagate Game Drive and a DS4 controller.

Speaking about the unique design of the laser etching, The Last of Us Part II's art director John Sweeney commented that the idea was inspired by the game's fan-following and fan-art:

Those interested in purchasing the newly announced PS4 Pro bundle will be interested to know the price tag for the themed set, which is $399.99. Meanwhile, the special edition DualShock 4 controller, gold wireless headset, and Seagate external hard drive are all available to purchase individually as well, priced at $64.99, $99.99 and $89.99, respectively. All the accessories feature etchings of the tattoo as well as a matte finish.

Additionally, Sony also revealed that it is hosting a U.S.-only giveaway for The Last of Us Part II PlayStation 4 bundle in partnership with Boulevard Brewing Co. Further details about the sweepstake can be found on the company's official website.