wordpress: which server-conditions do we need to have to be able  (and ready ) for the autmatic-plugin installation

Question

hello dear Experts,

i use wp for quite a long time - but on my server-setup i am not able to install the plugins automatically. 
which server-conditions do we need to have to be able  (and ready ) for the autmatic-plugin installation - through the backend

this article (below) does not help really...: 

Installing a WordPress Plugin ::  All WordPress Plugins install in two ways. Automatic and manual.

cf. https://lorelle.wordpress.com/2007/02/11/how-to-install-configure-and-use-wordpress-plugins/

To automatically install a WordPress Plugin, you must have the following FTP access information ready.
Server Hostname for FTP access
FTP Username (not the same as your WordPress password)
FTP Password
Connection Type (FTP, FTPS (SSL) )
Go to Plugins > Add New and enter the name or search term to find the WordPress Plugin you wish to add.
To view information about the Plugin, installation help, applicable WordPress versions, etc., click Details under the Plugin name.
To install the Plugin, click Install under the Plugin name.
When WordPress asks, enter the above access information and proceed.

If the WordPress Plugin installs correctly, the resulting screen will notify you that the Plugin is installed and awaiting activation. If you wish to activate it, click Activate. If you wish to delay, leave the page.

cf. https://lorelle.wordpress.com/2007/02/11/how-to-install-configure-and-use-wordpress-plugins/

so the question is: which server-conditions do we need to have to be able  (and ready ) for the autmatic-plugin installation - through the backend?

love to hear from you

2 answers to this question

hello again - good day dear +Human.Online 

many thanks - well you are right. This is also a wp-related wuestion and i guess that i should have to go to the WordPress-forum with  this kind of question. 

Many thanks for the hints - i will do so. 

And many thanks for all you do here  - that you help to keeep this great place alive and viable. 

i am very glad to be here. 

have a great  day. 

greetings ;)