HP Printer send to shared folder issue

Dear Experts

I have got HP LaserJet M5035 MFP Series printer that initially was able to scan documents to shared folder on 2xDesktops (PC1 and PC2) windows 8

I upgraded PC1 (but not yet PC2) only from windows 8 to windows 10 pro and I tried to copy the same setting as it was on windows 8

Created folder on windows 10 and shared it and edited permission tab and security tab as well

I can access that shared folder on PC1 from PC2 no issue.

On the web interface of the printer when I click on : "Test Folder Access" I get below error message

https://imgur.com/a/YXZbO7s

Unable to reach ’\\VISIONDESKTOP\Kylie_Scans’. Please check the location and make corrections as needed

Thx

We have had this issue with Win10 before because the system can't translate the name (in your case \\VISIONDESKTOP\Kylie_Scans’) to an IP.  I would get the IP of the pc in question and then use that instead of the name (ie \\192.168.1.20\kylie scans) and then test.  I bet it will work if you try it that way. 

Hi Alex

Thanks for help

unfortunateLy i had tried that before posting to the this forum and it failed.

I am away from the office and problem i can’t access the PC1 now via teamviewer other i would have shared screenshot for the access test via ip address of the printer which is 192.168.1.8/24

25 minutes ago, zillah2004 said:

Hi Alex

Thanks for help

unfortunateLy i had tried that before posting to the this forum and it failed.

I am away from the office and problem i can’t access the PC1 now via teamviewer other i would have shared screenshot for the access test via ip address of the printer which is 192.168.1.8/24

Instead of calling them PC1 PC2  can you call them WIndows 10 and windows 8 ... i'm getting them confused.

Can you ping the windows 10 machine from windows 8 and the windows 8 machine from windows 10?  Ping by both pc name and by ip address

Can you ping the windows 10 machine from windows 8 and the windows 8 machine from windows 10?  Ping by both pc name and by ip address

Tried that and no issue pinging using name and ip addresses

SMBv1 should of been disabled years ago.. if your printer doesn't support smb2 or 3, prob time for an update..

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05547920

SMB Protocol Support for HP Printing Devices

Leaving that smbv1 enabled is not good security practice..  Age of worms and ransomware..

• Like 2