What's the IT term for..?

Hello

I have worked in companies and Internet Cafes for some years as an IT Support Technician and I do not know the terms in English for the things that I did.

Can you please tell me the terms for the following? Thanks in advance.

What's the term for:
1. Installing Operating Systems such as Windows and Linux
2. Fixing Hardware, replacing bad components such as Motherboards, RAMs, VGAS, FANS etc as well  as replacing capacitors with soldering
3. User Troubleshooting, fixing a client's issue like "Help me install Office", "Replace my Mouse", "Install drivers for My Printer"
4. Helping clients Remotely with Team Viewer, VNC Viewer, Remote Desktop Connection
5. Preparing 50/100 PCs for new companies, by preparing I mean:
 * Doing Market Research for clients for what they should buy
 * Building PCs
 * installing operating systems via Network with CloneZilla, Norton Ghost
6. Making user accounts with access levels with Active Directory, for example a Manager has access for installing programs where a designer/developer has access only for running programs and to specific files/folders
7. Removing Malware, Viruses
8. Fixing Mobile Devices like Laptops, Phones, Tablets: replacing ports, speakers, HDDs etc.

Umm, I would say that the overall term for those tasks is called "being a level 1/2 IT Technician." I'm not sure if there are more technical terms for each of the tasks you performed.

• Like 2

Hello,

If I were putting these on a resume, I would write them as follows:

1. installing operating systems (Windows, Linux)
  2. troubleshooting and repairing PC, laptop, tablet and smartphone hardware, including board-level component replacement
  3. handling user-requests such as hardware upgrades and software installations
  4. remote support of users via Microsoft and third-party remote management tools
  5. identifying desktop computing requirements for businesses with 50-100 users (determine PCs to buy, purchase, customize and load operating system to customer specification)
  6. Managing user accounts under AD
  7. Disinfecting computers of malware (computer viruses, worms, and so forth)
  8. (none - covered in #2, above)

That is just my rough idea of how I would write them, though.  It might vary depending upon who I was sharing this information with, and why.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

21 hours ago, MariosX said:

Hello

I have worked in companies and Internet Cafes for some years as an IT Support Technician and I do not know the terms in English for the things that I did.

Can you please tell me the terms for the following? Thanks in advance.

What's the term for:
1. Installing Operating Systems such as Windows and Linux
2. Fixing Hardware, replacing bad components such as Motherboards, RAMs, VGAS, FANS etc as well  as replacing capacitors with soldering
3. User Troubleshooting, fixing a client's issue like "Help me install Office", "Replace my Mouse", "Install drivers for My Printer"
4. Helping clients Remotely with Team Viewer, VNC Viewer, Remote Desktop Connection
5. Preparing 50/100 PCs for new companies, by preparing I mean:
 * Doing Market Research for clients for what they should buy
 * Building PCs
 * installing operating systems via Network with CloneZilla, Norton Ghost
6. Making user accounts with access levels with Active Directory, for example a Manager has access for installing programs where a designer/developer has access only for running programs and to specific files/folders
7. Removing Malware, Viruses
8. Fixing Mobile Devices like Laptops, Phones, Tablets: replacing ports, speakers, HDDs etc.