• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Logitech G910 keyboard double/triple typing characters

+jnelsoninjax    12,183

As the title says, my Logitech G910 just recently started double and triple typing on single key press. I have checked the keyboard setting in the control panel and have repeat rate set for long, so that is not causing the issue. I have updated to the latest Logitech software and checked for any firmware update (none available). I have blown the keyboard out with a electric air duster, and I have pulled the key that is one of the offenders and cleaned it (and the switch) with isopropyl alcohol, but that has not fixed the issue. I am beginning to think that I need to open an RMA with Logitech regarding this issue, as I have done some searching and found that other people have had similar issues. Does anyone have any suggestions as what I might try next?

Brandon H    3,175

could you try the keyboard on another computer to see if it has the same issue or not? this should rule out or confirm hardware issue with the keyboard.

homeboyrocketshoulders    10

Yep, mine did the same about a year ago, my 'E' key was the worst culprit. Searched around just as you did, found it wasn't exactly a rare issue. I was about a month or two past my warranty so I tried every single troubleshooting step you can imagine, but nothing did it. I contacted them about it anyway and they made an exception and approved an RMA. Replacement came a couple days later and it was resolved, was definitely a hardware fault.

+jnelsoninjax    12,183
1 hour ago, Brandon H said:

could you try the keyboard on another computer to see if it has the same issue or not? this should rule out or confirm hardware issue with the keyboard.

I will try another system, just to rule it out

11 minutes ago, homeboyrocketshoulders said:

Yep, mine did the same about a year ago, my 'E' key was the worst culprit. Searched around just as you did, found it wasn't exactly a rare issue. I was about a month or two past my warranty so I tried every single troubleshooting step you can imagine, but nothing did it. I contacted them about it anyway and they made an exception and approved an RMA. Replacement came a couple days later and it was resolved, was definitely a hardware fault.

I've always had good luck with Logitech's support, so I will contact them regarding this issue.

Mindovermaster    2,529
1 hour ago, jnelsoninjax said:

I've always had good luck with Logitech's support, so I will contact them regarding this issue.

Ditto... I had a mouse right click fail once, I told them what happened, they send me a new one, no trade-in or anything. ;)