Mom's Computer Antivirus

Question

Hello All

Mom's Computer been using Avast Free for oh the last 10 years,  what i'm wondering is if I should choose to remove Avast Free, and swap to Defender, and Malwarebytes 4.0 Free, will she be protected enough for her tasks, like checking email,  online banking at times,  Cable Modem does have a Firewall,   Wireless printer won't connect right now to her PC, maybe Avast blocking it I don't know,   2 Other house hold systems on Defender already.      or Should I switch All systems to Avast Free, and call it a day.  

5 answers to this question

It some reason even froze during the uninstall process,  then used Avast clear in Safe mode,  may reinstall really quick, then reuninstall, then run Avast clear again,  then cleanup any leftovers

Thank you all for the replies, and answers,   Avast Finally removed, a few things to cleanup still,  and such,   Wireless Printer Seen now and connected to that system,   and working, so partly taken care of.     

I use Sophos home on my families PCs. I find it light weight and unobtrusive. I also love the fact that it emails me when it finds something, so i can call my family member up and ask them if they need a hand, before they contact me! :)