Marvel Studios’ Black Widow

• 1 month later...

Every time I see the other woman in the trailer I think it's Ronda Rousey... also, it should have been Ronda Rousey.

Also, is that TASKMASTER please please please let it be Taskmaster.

• Steven P. unlocked this topic
  • 3 months later...

...looks fine.  No idea what is happening toward the end of the trailer though.  

July 9th in theaters and Disney+ (premier access).

• 3 months later...

Just seen it and, well... I disagree with many of the online reviews.  It's a Marvel movie... It's not MEANT to introduce deep concepts and have complex meaningful plots... It's supposed to keep you entertained for a few hours as you munch your way through a heart attack's worth of salty snacks, and it does that well!

For me, I enjoyed it and only really have ONE problem.  

Spoiler

The movie is set not long after Captain America and the Winter Soldier.  It damn well should have been RELEASED right after that movie, where it belongs in the timeline, not a few years after Disney killed her off!

That was STUPID.  Bad Disney!  No cookie for you!  *smacks Disney on nose with rolled up newspaper*

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Just seen it and, well... I disagree with many of the online reviews.  It's a Marvel movie... It's not MEANT to introduce deep concepts and have complex meaningful plots... It's supposed to keep you entertained for a few hours as you munch your way through a heart attack's worth of salty snacks, and it does that well!

Hide contents

The movie is set not long after Captain America and the Winter Soldier.  It damn well should have been RELEASED right after that movie, where it belongs in the timeline, not a few years after Disney killed her off!

That was STUPID.  Bad Disney!  No cookie for you!  *smacks Disney on nose with rolled up newspaper*

I went in with low expectations. So it exceeded what I expected, and was pretty enjoyable.

• Like 1

First theater experience since the pandemic hit and I enjoyed it.   It was a solid solo story, nothing more, nothing less.  It sort of sets up some characters that can be used in the future.  Def a bit weird watching knowing Natasha's fate, but...

Spoiler

...with the Multiverse stuff officially coming, it's likely she'll be back in some form.

On 16/07/2021 at 11:38, Innervisions33 said:

First theater experience since the pandemic hit and I enjoyed it.   It was a solid solo story, nothing more, nothing less.  It sort of sets up some characters that can be used in the future.  Def a bit weird watching knowing Natasha's fate, but...

Hide contents

...with the Multiverse stuff officially coming, it's likely she'll be back in some form.

Spoiler

IDK that's up for debate, she was taken by the soul stone so it's possible that grabbed every version of her. We don't know the true details of the ritual she was sacrificed with.

Watched it online - I don't do theaters no more.

Wasn't impressed... took too long to just release it.

meh.    some fun bits. but i am glad i was not sober watching - otherwise it would be a chore.  To be honest, I was expecting more (not sure why)

Spoilers so don't click if you haven't watched it yet.  If you have, this thing is spot on.

On 16/07/2021 at 08:12, FloatingFatMan said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Wasn't it set after Captain America Civil War?

On 22/07/2021 at 07:15, George P said:

Spoilers so don't click if you haven't watched it yet.  If you have, this thing is spot on.

The "Pitch Meeting" was pretty good on this (I tend to watch both Honest Trailers and Pitch Meetings)...

Spoilers obviously.

I haven't watching the movie yet....waiting until October 6 when it is "free" on Disney+

• Like 1

On 22/07/2021 at 15:41, warwagon said:
  Hide contents

It is.  Still doesn't excuse them for taking so long to make it.

On 22/07/2021 at 13:41, warwagon said:
  Hide contents

Yes. I got my timeline a bit mixed up... Just not as badly as Disney! ;)