• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Hydro H150i PRO sTRX4 mounting help

Riva    1,263

Hello I am just perplexed as to how to mount this cooler on my new AMD TR system. I have a black bracket that seems to match the sTRX4 screws but I cant figure out how to firmly secure the cooling header as it is much smaller. Instructions only show for AM4 socket :/

Circaflex    3,580

Did you purchase the separate bracket for TR compatibility? https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Cooling/Hydro-Series-H100i-PRO-H115i-PRO-H150i-PRO-TR4-Mounting-Bracket-Kit/p/CW-8960054

*Purchase bracket CW-8960054 on CORSAIR webstore for compatibility with AMD socket TR4

This video might help: 

Riva    1,263
19 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

I wasn't aware a different mounting kit is needed. The item is out of stock in the UK. I just built a system I cannot use. Why did I buy this corsair ######? :S

Circaflex    3,580
5 minutes ago, SnoopZ said:

That kit is for intel systems. 

19 minutes ago, Riva said:

I wasn't aware a different mounting kit is needed. The item is out of stock in the UK. I just built a system I cannot use. Why did I buy this corsair ######? :S

Totally understand your frustration, ugh. There were a few on ebay UK, https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=CW-8960054+&_sacat=0, not sure how fast they would arrive. 

It might be worth reaching out to Corsair US, they have the part listed in-stock and maybe they can help facilitate a delivery. I would also be willing to purchase said part and ship it to you when it arrives here, but I know that adds additional time, which you probably do not have.

Riva    1,263
25 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

That kit is for intel systems. 

Totally understand your frustration, ugh. There were a few on ebay UK, https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=CW-8960054+&_sacat=0, not sure how fast they would arrive. 

It might be worth reaching out to Corsair US, they have the part listed in-stock and maybe they can help facilitate a delivery. I would also be willing to purchase said part and ship it to you when it arrives here, but I know that adds additional time, which you probably do not have.

Seem to be from Israel and Australia. I requested a return from the reseller. I will check some local computer shops for the mounting kit or for an air cooler that is compatible instead.

Riva    1,263
14 hours ago, Jim K said:

No idea about UK sites ... but I found this ...

https://www.alza.co.uk/corsair-pro-tr4-mounting-bracket-kit-d5455712.htm   (4 in stock ... no idea who alza is though)

Guessing that the Corsair is not new (thus you can not return it)

I just bought it brand new and the vendor accepted the return. I did search ebay a bit more and found one a couple of them. Hopefully I will get it by the 18th :/

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-CPU-TR4-Cooler-Mounting-Holder-Bracket-For-Corsair-Hydro-Series-H100i-H115i/392383658763?hash=item5b5be37b0b:g:9rcAAOSwpZRdVR~P

NinjaGinger    205

I have pretty much the same setup but with the Intel CPU. It looks really nice so worth the  wait for the bracket.

Riva    1,263

OK so here is the story. AMD is shipping a mounting bracket with the 3rd gen CPU, I was with the impression that was part of the Corsair Hydro but it isn't. Moreover, AMD has a list of certified AIOs and the 150 isn't in that list hence the reason why the mounting bracket is so much bigger. The 150i's header is so small for the TR anyway.

So I am returning the Corsair and I got a Kraken X62 instead from a local shop. Its not RGB and I wasn't really interested in the RGB.

Jim K    14,195

hmmm...weird.  I mean this says "Hydro Series H100i PRO/H115i PRO/H150i PRO TR4 Mounting Bracket Kit".  The only difference between TR4 and sTRX40 sockets is the pin layout...the mounting mechanism of sTRX4 is identical to that of the TR4 and SP3

Anyway ... hopefully the Kraken works out for you.  Finding the right cooler for such a large CPU is a headache I'm sure.  I would have originally suggested the Enermax Liqtech but there seems to be a big issue with it gunking up over time (Gamers Nexus covered this a few months back).

Riva    1,263
47 minutes ago, Jim K said:

hmmm...weird.  I mean this says "Hydro Series H100i PRO/H115i PRO/H150i PRO TR4 Mounting Bracket Kit".  The only difference between TR4 and sTRX40 sockets is the pin layout...the mounting mechanism of sTRX4 is identical to that of the TR4 and SP3

Anyway ... hopefully the Kraken works out for you.  Finding the right cooler for such a large CPU is a headache I'm sure.  I would have originally suggested the Enermax Liqtech but there seems to be a big issue with it gunking up over time (Gamers Nexus covered this a few months back).

I bought that mounting kit in the end but it arrived very late, it had to come from hong kong, the seller lied it was from the UK. But I had to power up and test the CPU RAM and Motherboard while still within my 14 days in case I needed to exchange or return anything.

• Like 2