Can a shortcut be created for an individual profile in Firefox?

I have two profiles in Firefox. My default one is opened by the desktop shortcut, is there a way to create a shortcut to the second profile as well? Right now I am using about:profiles and then launching the second profile in a new window.

11 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

I think you can use the following flags in the shortcut

firefox.exe -p "ProfileName"

Thanks, I'll try it and see!

Did not work, all it did is load the profile manager.

according to this site https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Command_Line_Options that should work. the P may be case sensitive though; I'm not sure.

-P "profile_name"

Bypass profile manager and launch application with the profile named profile_name. Useful for dealing with multiple profiles.

firefox -P "Joel User"

you could also try with the "new-instance" flag to see if that helps

firefox -new-instance -P "Another Profile"

OK, so the capitol P was the fix! It works now, thanks! I tried to Google for it, but I must not have been specific enough!

• Like 2

On 12/13/2019 at 4:11 PM, jnelsoninjax said:

OK, so the capitol P was the fix! It works now, thanks! I tried to Google for it, but I must not have been specific enough!

yeah I kept my google search generalized and just searched for the command line flags in general instead of specifically which flag you needed :)

I knew there was a flag because i've used -p before to switch/delete profiles after going corrupt, just never used the command to specifically select a profile; glad it works for you