• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

    Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Monitor won’t connect to pc

Recommended Posts

Thehomie    0

I have 

rx 580 8gb

ryzen 5 2600

cheapo mother board asrock b450 hdv r4.0

700w thermal take

When I turn on of all fans work gpu cpu and case Yet the monitor has received no connection

i have tried different monitor, different hdmi,vga, unplugging and re plugging gpu, removing motherboard lithium ion and putting it back 30 sec later, I have also tried removing gpu and hooking up vga straight to monitor and hdmi straight to monitor but the mother board also had no connection with monitor yet all fans spin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mindovermaster    2,629

Are you sure you are connecting to the graphic card, not your onboard video? (It happens)

 

Are you getting any beep codes? I know some motherboards have LED lights to see what is working correctly.

 

You sure you have the correct power cables snugly fitted? 24-pin, 4/8-pin for CPU, 6-pin for GPU?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadeOfBlue    49

One quick note... The Ryzen 5 2600 (and 2600E and 2600X) do not include integrated graphics. This makes troubleshooting a little more difficult. Only CPU models that do have integrated graphics can make use of  the video connectors on the motherboard.

 

Besides what's already been said, you can also simply try your video card in another PC or another video card in this one (if available). I suppose you could even just try a different CPU that does have integrated graphics (if available).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mindovermaster    2,629
1 hour ago, ShadeOfBlue said:

One quick note... The Ryzen 5 2600 (and 2600E and 2600X) do not include integrated graphics. This makes troubleshooting a little more difficult. Only CPU models that do have integrated graphics can make use of  the video connectors on the motherboard.

Well, I assumed that. A lot of people plug into their onboard video, rather or not their CPU can use  it. ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
adrynalyne    12,633
58 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Well, I assumed that. A lot of people plug into their onboard video, rather or not their CPU can use  it. ;) 

AM4 boards have a hard time doing that without a video output on them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mindovermaster    2,629
28 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

AM4 boards have a hard time doing that without a video output on them. 

His CPU doesn't have an APU, so the onboard graphics would NOT work, period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
adrynalyne    12,633
45 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

His CPU doesn't have an APU, so the onboard graphics would NOT work, period.

That was called sarcasm, son. You cannot hook up a monitor to onboard video accidentally like you said people do if you don’t have a port to even do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mindovermaster    2,629
1 hour ago, adrynalyne said:

That was called sarcasm, son. You cannot hook up a monitor to onboard video accidentally like you said people do if you don’t have a port to even do it. 

Didn't sound that sarcastic, tbh... but, we'll wait until OP returns..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
adrynalyne    12,633
1 hour ago, Mindovermaster said:

Didn't sound that sarcastic, tbh... but, we'll wait until OP returns..

Don’t know how you couldn’t see it...do you know anyone who can plug a monitor into a non-existent port?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thehomie    0
15 hours ago, ShadeOfBlue said:

One quick note... The Ryzen 5 2600 (and 2600E and 2600X) do not include integrated graphics. This makes troubleshooting a little more difficult. Only CPU models that do have integrated graphics can make use of  the video connectors on the motherboard.

 

Besides what's already been said, you can also simply try your video card in another PC or another video card in this one (if available). I suppose you could even just try a different CPU that does have integrated graphics (if available).

Didn’t think about integrated graphics that leaves really only one likely problem, being the gpu. will try another gpu 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.