Firejail torrent config help

What entry (or entries) do I have to add so I can whitelist two locations in /media/ for Deluge torrent client? (since there are only two locations I save my torrent files) ; because I try doing...

whitelist /media/DriveName/FolderName

but then when trying to load Deluge it does not load. so something is wrong with the Firejail configuration. I am basically just trying to keep things like default (which I assume is secure) but allow only two additional download locations basically.

NOTE: I tried to use 'ignore disable-mnt' and it does not seem to work on Deluge even though it worked well for Firefox.

^that signifies a file

whitelist /media/DriveName/FolderName/

^that signifies a folder.

I think that is your problem. Never used Deluge..

I think what you mentioned (i.e. the "/" at the end of the folder name) must have did something as with the 'ignore disable-mnt' option included, it would not work (which I needed with Firefox for Firefox to work). but removing that entry and using your "/" at the end of each of the two folder entries I added, the torrent client loads up with Firejail now.

so from a quick test, it seemed to work. but ill just have to mess around with things just to make sure everything is in good running order over the coming days/weeks.

on a side note... I noticed when doing the test from terminal (i.e. 'firejail deluge' (without the ' and pressing enter)) it loads up Deluge (in a Firejail sandbox) but I see errors like... "Failed to measure available space: Error getting filesystem info for /media/DriveName: No such file or directory" ; but that only occurs on the hard drives I don't have whitelisted folders as the two hard drives I added with their folders do not throw this error. I am assuming that's not a issue.

Thanks for the help.

p.s. that's weird I don't need the "/" at the end of the folder entry with Firefox, but seems to be required for a torrent client... "whitelist /media/DriveName/FolderName" works for Firefox but fails for Deluge. Deluge seems to require "whitelist /media/DriveName/FolderName/". it's messed up how tiny things make a big difference :(

Well whatever happened, after a reboot, that "/" no longer seems to matter as the program does not load up with Firejail with or without the "/".

any other suggestions?

I noticed, but I don't thing it was a issue before, is I edited the Deluge desktop shortcut so it says "firejail deluge-gtk %U" instead of the default "deluge-gtk %U" ; I wonder if switching it to 'firejail deluge %U' would be worth a shot?

EDIT: I changed to just 'deluge' instead of the default 'deluge-gtk' and Firejail seems to work now. I am wondering if the "/" even mattered in the first place as it might have simply been I got to launch it with the 'deluge' text instead of 'deluge-gtk'.

Edited by ThaCrip