W10 (1909) local account weird..

Hi, 

I have some question regarding local account implementation in W10 (with the latest updates); I just finished installing it and the thing is :

- if I uncheck that (users must entere a user & password..) at login I see another account named : cosmi

- as you can see my settings are as attached.

- also that cosmi appears in Users even Cosmin is set as Local account.

I have 2 local accounts? I wish to remain with a single one, Cosmin. 

Any ideeas? Thanks a lot.

Capture.PNG

Untitled.png

Capture.JPG

When you were initially setting up your account did you perhaps make a typo "cosmi" and then go back and correct it. Because it looks like that's a possibility.

If you do Windows+R and type lusermgr.msc, then go into Users, do you have two accounts displayed there?

41 minutes ago, Vince800 said:

When you were initially setting up your account did you perhaps make a typo "cosmi" and then go back and correct it. Because it looks like that's a possibility.

If you do Windows+R and type lusermgr.msc, then go into Users, do you have two accounts displayed there?

No.. I didn't make any mistakes, I'm totally sure about this. 

lusrmgr tells me what's attached

the ideea is that I want to have a local account which don't require any password...cause now it does.

Untitled.jpg

1 hour ago, dafox said:

Remake the account. It will be so much faster if its new.

How can I remove the old one? 

The new one is Cosmin Office.. and is User;Administrators. How can I make it as administrator, and probably, how can I copy all my settings from the old one before removing?

Untitled.png

Finally solved it. Created a new local account, converted it to admin, after I was able  to remove the old one. Actually I have local admin account named correctly. I don't which are the benefits for connecting it online to ms but.. 

4 hours ago, Cosmin said:

Finally solved it. Created a new local account, converted it to admin, after I was able  to remove the old one. Actually I have local admin account named correctly. I don't which are the benefits for connecting it online to ms but.. 

Using a MS account makes the most sense if you're like me and others who work on multiple systems.  I have a work desktop, gaming desktop and a laptop for both work and personal use.  So 3 devices, using a MSA allows all the syncing to take place that the OS offers,  mostly settings and OneDrive which I've used since day 1 when it was still called Skydrive.

1 hour ago, George P said:

Using a MS account makes the most sense if you're like me and others who work on multiple systems.  I have a work desktop, gaming desktop and a laptop for both work and personal use.  So 3 devices, using a MSA allows all the syncing to take place that the OS offers,  mostly settings and OneDrive which I've used since day 1 when it was still called Skydrive.

Yep, it’s pretty handy. 

are you using an image that is not from the Microsoft website? Always get your installation media from the below Microsoft website unless you have to install an image from a company (like your place of work).

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10