• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Question: Windows 10 Time of Day Based Sleep Settings Possible?

DanMc85    2

Hello all,

I am wondering if this is possible either with Windows 10 Pro (as is) or with a third party utility.

I wanted to know if Windows 10 can put a computer to sleep (and possibly even automatically wake up) based on time of day? Preferably instead of Idle Timeout versus having both sleep types active at the same time.

End goal: Disable 3 hour sleep timeout and have computer automatically sleep from lets say 12AM to 6AM or something along those lines.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!

Jim K    13,930

Pretty sure you can do this through task scheduler.

Sorry, that is all I have at the moment (a bit busy).

Riva    1,248
11 minutes ago, DanMc85 said:

Hello all,

I am wondering if this is possible either with Windows 10 Pro (as is) or with a third party utility.

I wanted to know if Windows 10 can put a computer to sleep (and possibly even automatically wake up) based on time of day? Preferably instead of Idle Timeout versus having both sleep types active at the same time.

End goal: Disable 3 hour sleep timeout and have computer automatically sleep from lets say 12AM to 6AM or something along those lines.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!

1. Change power settings to prevent PC from automatically going to sleep.
  2. Create a scheduled task to execute at midnight every day with the following command rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0
  3. Create a second task that runs an empty batch file and set it to 6am, wake up the pc to run this task.

• Like 1

Brandon H    3,262

yep task scheduler was going to be my recommendation as well.

Creating a task to put your computer to sleep at a specific time is easy enough. If there's not a specific item to select to wake your computer then Riva's suggestion of having it run a blank bat file should work beautifully.