webadmin: overview on the created vhosts lack some servers that are up and running

hello dear experts here on Neowin, ;)

first of all - a happy happy new Year to all of you. 

i am so glad to be here part of this great and worldwide community. 

on my  root-server i struggle with some issues on webmin:   they can be described as so: overview on the created vhosts lack some servers that are up and running

here some data: Apache Webserver

Apache version 2.4.25
Webmin version 1.910
Theme Royal Blue

The issue : i have some vhosts that run - and which created domains are available over http:

but they are not visible in the vhost-overview?!

why is this so!?

by the way:  see the following thread https://www.virtualmin.com/node/45327

Re-check configuration throws an Apache virtual host was not found: You can discover which domain is missing it's Apache virtual host by SSHing in as root and running :

virtualmin validate-domains --all-domains --feature web

Apache virtual host was not found happens when you have a website in /etc/webmin/virtual-server/domains/ 
that does not exist in apache configs (e.g. may caused by IP/PORT mismatch). You may check your domains there and see what is wrong.

Howdy -- we may want to verify that your Apache version is what Virtualmin is expecting, and that the config files are in the correct directory.
What is the output of these commands:

dpkg -l apache2
ls /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/
dpkg -l apache2
ls /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/

futhermore:  see the following thread: https://www.virtualmin.com/node/5878

When i add a new virtual server i receive the following error`: Adding Apache user apache to server's group .. .. done`

Apache website failed! : Undefined subroutine &main::save_domain_ruby_mode called at `/usr/libexec/webmin/virtual-server/feature-web.pl line 1856.`

when i check apache, the virtualhost is created and running, but when managing the virtual server "Web virtual server enabled?" is not checked.  When i try to delete the server, everything is removed with exception of the the apache virtualhost. The above error prevents virtualmin from "remembering" that the virtualhost exists.

added the following stuff: 

web_ruby_suexec=-1 to the templates.

Now its complaining that httpd is not running. Applying web server configuration .... not running!

anwer: Have you started apache? Maybe your stopped it for some reason and forgot to start it again.

well this seems to be an annoying bug - and i have encountered this malfunction and bad behaviour several times in the past years.

conclusio: any idea how to fix it!? How would you proceeed.

Note i have no console- or terminal-access to the server.

any idea how to fix this malfunction - or how to proceed !?
Should i stop and start the Apache !?! Do you think that this may help ?

look forward to any and all help

hello dear xendrome 

many thanks for the quick answer.  

I  tried that several times - with no impact & effect : unfortunatly not....

but many many thanks for the quick answer. 

i  guess that this is rooted in an error of webmin ....!?

ABOVE ALL: i will try to figure out what happens here - and if i got more insights then  i come back here and share this with you

regards

• 11 months later...

This topic was automatically locked because it did not receive any replies for a year. If you want to have this topic reopened

• please contact any staff moderator or
  • report the first post of the topic with the reason why it should be reopened.

Thank you.