Bank issue with Chrome

I use chrome to log into my bank to do online banking. It was working fine for months until today when I received the following error:

https://imgur.com/vjHerah

For some reason, i am getting the above error message. I can use FF, Edge and it works fine. I tried uninstalling chrome and reinstalling it (their suggestion) but I still get the same error. I have tried 4 different computers and have the same issue. 2 are windows pc's ,1 is a Mac. and 1 is an android tablet. Usually, when I get this error in the past I have to change my password because a person has 5 login tires until they are locked out.

What would cause this issue?

Thx

Do you know someone else that uses your bank for online banking? Can you check with them if they are able to log in with Chrome?

My original assumption is that the bank no longer supports Chrome, or they use something that Chrome doesn't support. But if you can get someone else to log in it would offer the idea that the issue lies with your account somehow. I don't think that's the case though, it would be strange that they let you log in with a different browser...

When you try using Chrome, you're using the standard version right? You didn't install any extensions after the reinstall?

Try Incognito mode to see if its an extension/cache issue.

21 minutes ago, primortal said:

Try Incognito mode to see if its an extension/cache issue.

Same issue with incognito mode. Personally, I think it is something with MY account on the banks side (as Nick suggests) that is causing this and they cant figure out what it is.

54 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

Same issue with incognito mode. Personally, I think it is something with MY account on the banks side (as Nick suggests) that is causing this and they cant figure out what it is.

I find it interesting that they are storing browser specifics within your account and in turn is giving you problems logging in.  To me it sounds like a coding issue with their site being it was working fine before and now it's not.

Just use Edge or FF in the meantime till they fix the issue.

9 minutes ago, primortal said:

I find it interesting that they are storing browser specifics within your account and in turn is giving you problems logging in.  To me it sounds like a coding issue with their site being it was working fine before and now it's not.

Just use Edge or FF in the meantime till they fix the issue.

Yeah I find it surprising that they'd discriminate against a single user (potentially)

Have you tried to Google 'Bank name + Chrome + the issue'?

You may (or may not) find others with the same issue

I know someone who uses the same bank for online banking and if they can login using my computer without issue, will that verify if the issue is with the bank and my account setup?

11 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

I know someone who uses the same bank for online banking and if they can login using my computer without issue, will that verify if the issue is with the bank and my account setup?

I'd say just have them login on their own computer first and if it works for them then try it on your computer.

My sister in law had some what the same issue with her cell phone company (Boost) with Firefox. She gave me her password and I logged into her account with Firefox and then she was able to login to Boost on her computer. Don't know if that's what fixed it for her and that is definitely weird if it was, but it worked.

19 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

I've also had Firefox issues with this account in the past as well which is why I think it is an account issue. JMO. 

Are you using the latest version of browsers as that maybe the issue if not?

5 minutes ago, SnoopZ said:

Are you using the latest version of browsers as that maybe the issue if not?

yep latest.

2 hours ago, Nick H. said:

Do you know someone else that uses your bank for online banking? Can you check with them if they are able to log in with Chrome?

My original assumption is that the bank no longer supports Chrome, or they use something that Chrome doesn't support. But if you can get someone else to log in it would offer the idea that the issue lies with your account somehow. I don't think that's the case though, it would be strange that they let you log in with a different browser...

When you try using Chrome, you're using the standard version right? You didn't install any extensions after the reinstall?

Yes NIck, no extensions.

As Nick suggested, it seems to be Bank side issue but I would not suggest that try to explore following:

1 - Visit below URL in Chrome

chrome://components/

2 - Reload "CRLSet" specifically and others and then try again.

image.thumb.png.79c5fa265273d70e5adf9fa1de41f5ea.png

Upon further investigating, it seems that it is known issue with this URL.

Other Bugs - http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1939085

People have suggested that the website uses "Flash" and "Flash Cookies". Can you try clearing them and updating "Adobe Flash Player" in Chrome.

Particular website even have webcompat bug but the URL is not accessible (so could be website issue) - https://github.com/webcompat/web-bugs/issues/15823/

• 11 months later...

This topic was automatically locked because it did not receive any replies for a year. If you want to have this topic reopened

• please contact any staff moderator or
  • report the first post of the topic with the reason why it should be reopened.

Thank you.