• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

WIfi Best Solution to an issue

Question

bikeman25    71

Hello

Due to our Townhome renting aspect,  what is the best way to get more wifi speed if i should want to on my Asus G11CD-K Desktop,  i believe the wifi adapter is like built into the motherboard on this Desktop,  like a laptop card i guess,   my options are i think either find a way to upgrade that if possible,  or plan B is find a usb wifi adapter to get above 433mbps that this card handles now

Gaming wise it's not as bad as i thought i was gonna be at first,  handles streaming fine, just someday i may want more speed than currently getting i suppose

3 answers to this question

Mindovermaster    3,204

What's you ISP like, what rates are you promised, and what do you get?

Wired is always faster than wireless. You can't get "faster" wifi. You can get a better connection, yes, but you can't speed it up.

what are the "Townhouse renting aspect"? Never specialized what is and isn't allowed.

I'll wait for BudMan on this...

bikeman25    71

Well My Rated speed for Comcast is 300mbps/20mbps upload,  speed tests fron the Desktop i average around 150mbps-200mbps,   Renting Townhouse obviously can't drill holes in walls to run the cabling i don't think,  Comcast wouldn't even run a coaxial cable for upstairs tv box that i brought from old place, so exchanged that one for wireless tv box.     

if there was a way to be totally wired like i always ways for years, i'd so do that, but doesn't look like is a way  at this point.      Oh well i'll just have to settle for wireless internet connection i suppose and just be happy can still game decently, and connection doesn't drop constantly lol, in fact it does rarely drop so thats one positive aspect.  

jnelsoninjax    13,825

You can run your Ethernet cable without drilling holes, look at Amazon or any other store for these types of clamps. They use finishing nails, so the hole left behind will be very small.