Low audio volume on Windows 10

Hello! So one morning I woke up and my volume was extremely low despite being at 30. Lately I've had to crank it up to 100 just to hear anything. I've looked around for help and everyone says to open up your control panel, go to sound, highlight speakers/headphones, click on properties, and then under the enhancements tab choose "loudness equalization." I'm able to follow these steps up until the enhancements tab, because as soon as I click on properties the only tabs I see are general, levels, advanced, and spatial sound. I've looked around, and I can't find anything regarding enhancements. I've had to deal with this for a while now, so I'd appreciate any help.

6 minutes ago, Ryan Gaffke said:

Hello! So one morning I woke up and my volume was extremely low despite being at 30. Lately I've had to crank it up to 100 just to hear anything. I've looked around for help and everyone says to open up your control panel, go to sound, highlight speakers/headphones, click on properties, and then under the enhancements tab choose "loudness equalization." I'm able to follow these steps up until the enhancements tab, because as soon as I click on properties the only tabs I see are general, levels, advanced, and spatial sound. I've looked around, and I can't find anything regarding enhancements. I've had to deal with this for a while now, so I'd appreciate any help.

I have the enhancements tab in my speakers properties dialog box.    Are you on a desktop or a laptop?  

2 minutes ago, Ryan Gaffke said:

Laptop

I'll have to look at my laptop later but maybe that's the difference?  Either way I have it on my system.    I didn't use control panel at all though.   I right clicked on the volume systray icon, hit open sound settings.   Output device is my Speakers, hit Device Properties, Additional Device Properties which brings up the dialog box for my Speakers specifically, and it's there.  

Here's a thought, what happens if you plug in some external speakers/earphones? Is the volume level about the same compared to the normal laptop speakers?

Also, when I right click on the volume for the mixer, everything is at full volume. However the Realtek Digital Output doesn't appear, but speakers/headphones do under device

• 11 months later...

This topic was automatically locked because it did not receive any replies for a year. If you want to have this topic reopened

• please contact any staff moderator or
  • report the first post of the topic with the reason why it should be reopened.

Thank you.