Trying to run Adobe Premier on a Intel® HD Graphics 5000 Integrated GPU?

Question

Hi I am trying to run Adobe Premier on an Intel HD Graphics 5000 based system. But it keeps crapping out and saying 'unsupported driver'. It then offers me a link to a supported baseline driver for my system, but when I try to install this, it says 'your system does not meet the minimum specifications for this driver. Not sure what it means? I have an i7, 16GB of Ram and 256GB SSD with 1TB external. I was hopeful this should be enough? The Driver it tries to point me to is for Intel NUC systems. My computer was built by a generic Chinese manufacturer. It's small, but not officially an NUC.

I have attached my system config:

Item    Value    
OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro    
Version    10.0.18362 Build 18362    
Other OS Description     Not Available    
OS Manufacturer    Microsoft Corporation    
System Name    PC-2    
System Manufacturer    To be filled by O.E.M.    
System Model    To be filled by O.E.M.    
System Type    x64-based PC    
System SKU    To be filled by O.E.M.    
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4650U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2301 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)    
BIOS Version/Date    American Megatrends Inc. 5.6.5, 29/08/2015    
SMBIOS Version    2.8    
Embedded Controller Version    255.255    
BIOS Mode    Legacy    
BaseBoard Manufacturer    INTEL Corporation    
BaseBoard Product    CRESCENTBAY    
BaseBoard Version    To be filled by O.E.M.    
Platform Role    Mobile    
Secure Boot State    Unsupported    
PCR7 Configuration    Binding Not Possible    
Windows Directory    C:\WINDOWS    
System Directory    C:\WINDOWS\system32    
Boot Device    \Device\HarddiskVolume1    
Locale    United Kingdom    
Hardware Abstraction Layer    Version = "10.0.18362.387"    
Username        
Time Zone    GMT Standard Time    
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    16.0 GB    
Total Physical Memory    15.9 GB    
Available Physical Memory    7.16 GB    
Total Virtual Memory    18.3 GB    
Available Virtual Memory    6.03 GB    
Page File Space    2.38 GB    
Page File    C:\pagefile.sys    
Kernel DMA Protection    Off    
Virtualisation-based security    Not enabled    
Device Encryption Support    Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and the device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA-capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable    
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions    Yes    
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions    Yes    
Hyper-V - Virtualisation Enabled in Firmware    Yes    
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection    Yes    

7 answers to this question

Hello,

I am not sure which edition of Adobe Premiere you are running, but here are the system requirements for two editions I found on Adobe's site:

Adobe Premiere Pro System Requirements - https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Adobe Premiere Elements System Requirements - https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/system-requirements.html

It looks like the Pro version recommends a minimum of an Nvidia GTX 970.

Here is the latest version of Intel's graphics driver for your CPU/GPU:

Version 15.40.44.5107 - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29335/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

If you are using the Elements version, perhaps that will work.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Hi thanks. I'm still getting the same error message when I try to install the driver you pointed me to. "Your system does not meet the minimum requirements to install this software". I don't get it? This is the recommended driver. Previously I got a notice from Intel driver assistant saying that there was a new graphics driver available. So I told it to automatically update it. But after I installed this driver, I got stuck in a driver update and reboot loop, which didn't stop until I manually looked up and downloaded the most recent driver for my system from the Intel site. However, looking at this, it says it's version 20.19.15.5063 which says it's from 2018.

I get the rest of what you said. But I'm very reticent about the prospect of needing to obtain a new PC just to run Premier (Pro btw). In fact, right now I just can't afford to, hence why I guess I'm willing to persist to see if I can gain any mileage from my current set-up.

Hello,

The only other thing that immediately comes to mind is to contact the manufacturer of the computer you are using, and asking if they have firmware or driver updates available that would allow you to run the software.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Adobe has recently updated Premiere and they no longer support older Intel processors.  You now need a 6th-gen CPU or higher.  You have a 4th-gen CPU.

I'm in a similar situation.  The integrated GPU on my i7-4790K is no longer supported (Intel HD Graphics 4600)... and I get a warning every time I open Premiere.

Luckily... I haven't noticed any problems.  I also have a NVidia RTX 2070 GPU.  The only reason I use the integrated Intel GPU is for faster encoding with Intel QuickSync (which still works)

The warning is annoying... but I can dismiss it and run Premiere as usual.

But for you... does Premiere fail to run at all?

Your processor, like mine, is below the minimum spec for the CPU... but your integrated Intel HD Graphics 5000 is on their supported list for the GPU.  So I don't know what is going on.  

Keep us posted with any additional information you find.

No I just get the warning too. If I dismiss it then Premier runs. I haven't got around to trying any encoding with it yet. I've just built a little photo and film editing studio in my apartment, so all my time and money over the last two months has been sunk into this. Now was the time to test the software side of things and see how far I could get with that.

Maybe I'll just have to live with the annoying error message - at least until such times as I can start making some money from my studio and can afford a better set-up with a supported processor GPU combo.

I think your error message is the same as mine - except in my error message I'm pointed to what Adobe claim is the most recent supported driver for my GPU. But trying to install this just generates the 'your system does not meet the minimum specs for this software' error message.

Edited by jebus197
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, jebus197 said:

I think your error message is the same as mine - except in my error message I'm pointed to what Adobe claim is the most recent supported driver for my GPU. But trying to install this just generates the 'your system does not meet the minimum specs for this software' error message.

Same thing happens to me.  Adobe takes me to a page to download an "updated" driver... but my CPU/GPU is too old.

Oh well.  Like I said... everything still works.

I wish there was a way to permanently disable the warning... as if to say "I know my hardware is 'unsupported' but it's still perfectly functional..."  😛 

For me... I don't even need the Intel GPU... I only enabled it to get the benefits of Intel QuickSync.  I could run solely on the NVidia GPU.

But for you... it's your *only* GPU.  You'll have to live with the warning.

Good luck!  And happy editing!

This topic was automatically locked because it did not receive any replies for a year. If you want to have this topic reopened

• please contact any staff moderator or
  • report the first post of the topic with the reason why it should be reopened.

Thank you.