PC reboots when playing games

i just got my pc fixed and i got a 5700xt because my 580 was messed up also upgraded my psu to cx750m from corsair my  pc also was in a boot loop when i rebooted it.

so i took to best buy and they fixed it but i had to get  a new psu because i didnt have a modeler psu for my 5700xt so i got the cx750m then when i got home i got everything set up and download destiny 2 but in the middle of the game my restarts and my montor turns off then it boot up again so i downloaded fortnite to see if it was only destiny 2 but it was also fortnite. So I tried krunker and download it but my pc didn’t restart. So what I think is that destiny2 and fortnite is overheating my cpu but I benchmarked my pc and checked my Radeon panel eveything looked fine but if anyone one knows what’s happening add me on discord or my ig which is hollowgaming.gg and my discord is Randal The Vandal#5069 because i don’t think it could be my psu because I just upgraded here’s my new specs.

and does anyone know if I have to clean my cpu or get a new cpu cooler or put new thermal past but I got my pc like in late 2018 it was a prebuilt from Best Buy I upgraded the gpu and psu. Plz help I really don’t want to make my parent help buy another pc part when they paid geek squad fix my pc boot loop and bought me the xfx 5700xt raw2 and also bought me my new psu which is the cx750m

these are my spec

cpu-ryzen 5 1600

ram- xfx 8g ram  b

gpu- xfx 5700xt raw 2

psu-cx750m

Edited by RandalBTW

Boot loops aren't caused by the PSU... And my 580 is fine, so I don't quite get what you mean by "my 580 was messed up"

What are your CPU and GPU temparatures like? Run HWMonitor and let us know what your temps are.

Restarting during games is usually your CPU or GPU getting very hot.

Did you recently dust out your case? heatsink, front fans, etc.

Also, what is your motherboard? CPU Heatsink? (stock or 3rd party?)

Your RAM can be at fault as well. I'd do a few passes (overnight is best) of Memtest. Any red flags, and your RAM is faulty.

Edit: Never trust Best Buy, we can help you here, for free!

44 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Boot loops aren't caused by the PSU... And my 580 is fine, so I don't quite get what you mean by "my 580 was messed up"

What are your CPU and GPU temparatures like? Run HWMonitor and let us know what your temps are.

Restarting during games is usually your CPU or GPU getting very hot.

Did you recently dust out your case? heatsink, front fans, etc.

Also, what is your motherboard? CPU Heatsink? (stock or 3rd party?)

Your RAM can be at fault as well. I'd do a few passes (overnight is best) of Memtest. Any red flags, and your RAM is faulty.

Edit: Never trust Best Buy, we can help you here, for free!

but it was in a boot loop so they had to fix

it also whats your discord

47 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Boot loops aren't caused by the PSU

They definitely can be, not sure where you got that idea.

47 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

And my 580 is fine, so I don't quite get what you mean by "my 580 was messed up"

Ummmm parts go bad? IE they stop working. I am glad your card is "fine" however OP's was not. Does that make sense?

@RandalBTW when did you have Geek Squad fix your computer? I believe they guarantee the work for a certain amount of time, and the last time I looked over their services their common "tech support" package that they sell, is a subscription based service good for 1, 2 or 3 years. If you purchased that, I would take the computer back in and have them troubleshoot it for you or take it back under their warranty and state the work did not fix the problem.

It could be that your computer is overheating, it could be your GPU driver crashing. Have you tried downloading and installing the newest available drivers for your GPU? That GPU is known to run hot, you can try this all over again with the side panel off of your case to improve the temps. https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-5700-series/amd-radeon-rx-5700-series/amd-radeon-rx-5700-xt

spec

motherboard-b350m bazooka

cpu- ryzen 5 1600

gpu- xfx 5700xt raw 2

cpu cooler-cooler master cpu cooler it a smaller one to

discord-Randal The Vandal#5069

plz add me i don't want my parent to waste money on more pc parts because they just paid to fix my pc and bought me my gpu and psu\

and yes i got the gpu driver but i got my pc like late 2018 and it only had a 1 year warranty but i did get geek squad plan i think .it could be that i need to air spray it but want i think it might be my cpu cooler or my cpu its self or my motherboard ill 

Edited by RandalBTW

7 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

Ummmm parts go bad? IE they stop working. I am glad your card is "fine" however OP's was not. Does that make sense?

The thing that doesn't make sense is saying "it's messed up". That's such a dumb claim. There's a LOT of scenarios that can "be bad". I was just asking him what "its messed up" means.

And secondly, you are suggesting he take it back to BB? Their techs are stupid af. All the horror stories I heard from them.

18 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

And secondly, you are suggesting he take it back to BB? Their techs are stupid af. All the horror stories I heard from them.

You're more than welcome to your own opinion, however your holier than thou attitude is laughable at best. I don't disagree, but not everyone that works there or has worked there is "stupid af" as you put it. I merely suggested this as a solution because OP/OP's parents have already paid for a service which did not fix the issue. OP might be under warranty or part of a service program and there would be potentially ZERO cost for him to take it back. If you have paid for something, you are entitled to the services.

17 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

You're more than welcome to your own opinion, however your holier than thou attitude is laughable at best. I don't disagree, but not everyone that works there or has worked there is "stupid af" as you put it. I merely suggested this as a solution because OP/OP's parents have already paid for a service which did not fix the issue. OP might be under warranty or part of a service program and there would be potentially ZERO cost for him to take it back. If you have paid for something, you are entitled to the services.

Yeah, they go to fix it, then they cause more problems. I've seen it before.

Seems like you are the problem here, not me. You laugh at anything I say...

This is how it all started and had to fix my and upgrade some parts. So my pc was running slow because it kinda old so I installed an ssd that my friend gave me so he told me to reboot my of completely so I did but something went wrong and it couldn’t boot to the window driver or hard drive so I took out my ssd and took it to Best Buy and there I got my pc fixed and also got my 5700xt  but I didn’t have a modular psu so I got a cx750m which had the right pci cables so then I took it home and got my stuff downloaded but the and driver was already installed so in installed destiny 2 and when I opened destiny but when it got to the loading screen my monitor turned off and my pc restarted and turned back on it happened a couple more times so I download fortnite to see if it was only destiny but it happened with fortnite to when loaded into a games so I got krunker since it’s a lower running game and my pc didn’t restart. But I benchmark my gpu and it was running good I opened my glass panel to see if my gpu was overheating but it was pretty cool and not hot at all

i also download msi afterburner But I didn’t touch anything I also check the amd panel to see my preformence and it all looked good. 

So I looked up some video they all said it might me the psu or the cpu or the cpu cooler, and or the motherboard

it will be easier to tell you in a discord call 

Randal The Vandal#5069

13 minutes ago, RandalBTW said:

This is how it all started and had to fix my and upgrade some parts. So my pc was running slow because it kinda old so I installed an ssd that my friend gave me so he told me to reboot my of completely so I did but something went wrong and it couldn’t boot to the window driver or hard drive so I took out my ssd and took it to Best Buy and there I got my pc fixed and also got my 5700xt  but I didn’t have a modular psu so I got a cx750m which had the right pci cables so then I took it home and got my stuff downloaded but the and driver was already installed so in installed destiny 2 and when I opened destiny but when it got to the loading screen my monitor turned off and my pc restarted and turned back on it happened a couple more times so I download fortnite to see if it was only destiny but it happened with fortnite to when loaded into a games so I got krunker since it’s a lower running game and my pc didn’t restart. But I benchmark my gpu and it was running good I opened my glass panel to see if my gpu was overheating but it was pretty cool and not hot at all

i also download msi afterburner But I didn’t touch anything I also check the amd panel to see my preformence and it all looked good. 

So I looked up some video they all said it might me the psu or the cpu or the cpu cooler, and or the motherboard

it will be easier to tell you in a discord call 

Randal The Vandal#5069

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-5700-series/amd-radeon-rx-5700-series/amd-radeon-rx-5700-xt

Download the newest driver and see if that helps.

• Facepalm 1

• 11 months later...

This topic was automatically locked because it did not receive any replies for a year. If you want to have this topic reopened

• please contact any staff moderator or
  • report the first post of the topic with the reason why it should be reopened.

Thank you.