Can the iPhone 5S still be used nowadays? Safe?

I have an iPhone 5S. And I would like to use is possible as a 'business' model. It runs the latest iOS 12 version, but is it safe to use business-wise?

Are all flaws/bugs patched - in comparison to iOS13? Or can I better upgrade to a newer model which supports iOS13 (and above in the future)

Main apps to be used are the default mail-app, Safari (or Chrome), maybe some other Google (Analytics) and social apps.

Well...iOS 12 received a security update just the other day.  iOS 12 is less than two years old ... so as long as Apple keeps providing security updates, I'd think you are good to go.

Hello,

Apple ended support for the iPhone 5S in September, 2019.  There was one update after that, which was to iOS 12.4.4 in December, 2019.  It was to fix a security issue, according to the release notes.  However, that appears to be a one-off kind of update, and the device should definitely be considered unsupported from a security standpoint.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

30 minutes ago, goretsky said:

Hello,

Apple ended support for the iPhone 5S in September, 2019.  There was one update after that, which was to iOS 12.4.4 in December, 2019.  It was to fix a security issue, according to the release notes.  However, that appears to be a one-off kind of update, and the device should definitely be considered unsupported from a security standpoint.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

It got 12.4.5 the other day.

I believe the date you cited was when iOS 13 was released, which doesn't support the 5s.

I couldn't find a clear cut answer when iOS 12.x would no longer receive security  updates.