Unboxing  When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Here’s how it works.

Unboxing and first impressions of the Dynabook Tecra X50-F

Dynabook, formerly known as Toshiba, may not be as popular as it was a few years ago, but the company is still pushing out business laptops. The Tecra X50-F was released last September, and it's a thin-and-light 15.6-inch laptop with a magnesium alloy chassis that comes in a single color called Onyx Blue.

Inside, the Tecra X50-F packs Intel Whiskey Lake processors starting with a Core i5, and it comes with optional vPro support. The model we got has the Intel Core i7-8665U, which has vPro, and 16GB of DDR4 RAM on a single stick, which leaves a slot open for expansion. It also has a 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD from Samsung.

The display is Full HD, and our model has a touch screen, but still has a matte finish, which is pretty smooth for sliding your finger across. It's an IGZO panel from Sharp, which Dynabook says is very power-efficient, which helps the company promise up to 17 hours of battery life on a single charge.

The Tecra X50-F offers plenty of configuration options, and the model we got includes most of the optional features, including an IR camera for Windows Hello, a fingerprint sensor, and a Smart Card reader. Check out our hands-on video below:

Report a problem with article
Next Article

Save 90% off a lifetime subscription to Seed4.Me VPN

Previous Article

Weekend PC Game Deals: Time to get some farming experience